Cost of living in OSLO

Hi,

I am planning to shift to OSLO with my Wife and 2 year old kid. Wanted to know what would be cost of living in OSLO.

I need information on 1 BHK accomodation, grocery cost for such family, Electricity, phone, internet , transport cost. I will be getting 640K$ .. would it be fine? what is the mdical cost ?? is it covered ? we might eat outside twice a week .. what would be general cost?? My child will start going school in a year or two .. what about school fee?

Which area in OSLO have maximum indians.. Any other specific information related to india moving to Oslo will also helpful ..

I also saw news few indian family has to go through legal proceddings becuase od child/parents rules/law .. is it common ? what needs to be taken care..

Hey,

You will find in the other posts plenty of information about the cost of living. But in any case, with 640K USD as salary you will have nothing to worry about as you will be making many times the average salary here. Medical costs are covered by the state except for the first 2000 NOK, restaurants are expensive compared to anywhere else and scholl is free (the norwegian one at least).

I think the issues about the legal procedures for Indian parents have been much exaggerated and given publicity for no good reason. Norway punish maltreatment the same way as other countries.

Sorry its 640 NKR , not USD  :)

Thanks for your input...

Even better if it's 640k NOK. You shouldn't have any problems living on that salary. Schools are funded by taxpayers so long as you are happy to make use of the state school system. I suppose the maximum concentration of Indians in Oslo would be in the Grønland area of Oslo. This is probably the highest concentration of non-western immigrants.

I don't think that case with the Indian parents which you referred to is something which is common.

You can find a cost of living guide at http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … city=Oslo. I think it's fairly accurate, although the rent looks a little low to me. If you want to look at accommodation you can go to www.finn.no, although the site is in Norwegian.