New student in Oslo

Hello everybody!

I am Murhaf from Syria, I've been admitted to integrate a master's program at the University of Oslo, but I know nobody to guide me in Oslo and I would be really grateful if you could answer my questions!

First of all regarding the accommodation:
I received an offer of partly furnished room at Fjellbirkeland Student Village, about KNO 2436-2734 (excluding electricity) I only need to buy an armchair! What do you think of its location and rental? Do you know any online store where I can check the prices of armchairs?

Money matters:
How much money does one need to spend monthly? (Excluding the housing rent)

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

Hi Murhaf! I know the place and its area! the option is very good and almost the cheapest option you can get as an student. So, I recommend you to accept that offer.

About chair and other stuff, when you arrived here, go to any IKEA store and buy one for a cheap price (in Norwegian standard, LOL!). I bought a chair yesterday in IKEA for 79 NOK. How to get there: there is a free shuttle bus near the Oslo sentral station going to IKEA on every hour and returns back to the same place.

Hi Naeem,
Thanks a lot for your reply! Actually I came across an awesome website called finn. In there you can find lots of people who are giving away too many stuff, including armchairs :-D Check it out.

Yes! sometimes if you're lucky you can get them for free or very low price. finn.no is the key to many things in Norway. keep using it often! ;)