Place to live near KL and schools

Hi,

I am from India (Maharashtra) and will be moving to Malaysia with family in 2013
My work place will be Shah Alam
Can anyone guide me on where to stay - whether Shah Alam or KL?
I will prefer to stay near KL. Which area is best suited for me to go to Shah Alam for work and also have good international/ CBSE schools nearby

Also I need some recommendation of schools for my son. He will go to 2nd Grade. He currently follows the ICSE school syllabus in India. How is the Gloabal Indian School - primary section

Regards

Nilesh

Hi Nilesh,

I am not in KL yet but moving next month. But i have heard about GIIS (Global Indian International School) in KL.
You may wish to google their website? My kid is in LKG in India and i am also looking out for schools for him.
Regards

Hello Nilesh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Kuala Lumpur section might help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Shah Alam is quite far from KL although there are many highways which can connect you faster. In addition, the traffic during peak hours may be quite bad. Therefore, staying in KL and having to travel daily to/ fro Shah Alam may not be recommended.

Subang Jaya/ Sunway/ Puchong/ Putra Heights area are reasonably near to Shah Alam and there are international schools in both Subang and Sunway although I'm not sure if they follow the ICSE syllabus.

You can find out more - Sunway International School, Sri KL Subang Jaya International School