Any English club in Hanoi

hi everybody

I am Candy, native vietnamese. I studied in singapore for 1.5 years and just came back hanoi for working. I would like to organaize an english club or a group of people who are interested in English.

I really want the help from the foreigners who live in Hanoi. So we can exchange the language. I know in hanoi there are many many students want to learn english but they dont have chances to practise Engish with foreigers.

Moreovers, for foregners who live far from family, u guys need the help from us. we are willing to help. incase u want to learn our language, we always welcome to teach.

So we should help each other. I need your help. please reply this topic and we will discuss how to organize an useful english-vietnamese club.

Hope to hear from u guys soon.

Thanks for reading.

Hello Candynguyen.

The Community section (Language Exchange) in the Hanoi classifieds is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would like to pratice my English too. I am not foreign but I want to improve my English. So let me know if you can organize a english cub. Send me a message private  in Expat.com please! See you soon!

yess. Let's me know. when English- Vietnamese club found. I'm really want to practice my english.

I was going to start one in Hanoi, but I chose to move back to TpHCM.  Here's the discussion.  2 people talked about clubs that they have in Hanoi:

English Club - Hanoi

I strongly support this idea. It is very meaningful for people who want to learn English.

Thanks for your supporting about my idea. I have foreigners friends. They are from Singapore coz last time i studied in singapore. But they just sometimes visit vietnam.

I know there are many people like you guys want to practise English with foreigners.

Hey, foreigners are living in hanoi vietnam, please drop me a msg so we can organize an english-vietnamese club. We will do some exchange language.

Let me find out some foreigners in hanoi so we can start an interesting club as soon as possible.

Good luck finding a foreign teacher willing to help.  Most of them are too busy counting the money they're making here to be bothered with something like this.

Teacher Mark wrote:

Good luck finding a foreign teacher willing to help.  Most of them are too busy counting the money they're making here to be bothered with something like this.

Thanks for your help. i contacted with some of them but havent got the reply yet.

Candynguyen wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:

Thanks for your help. i contacted with some of them but havent got the reply yet.

Let me begin by saying this is something that I tried to start in Hanoi, but failed.

Now that I have admitted fault, I'll go on the record as saying:

1.)  I like peach ice cream.

and

b.). I wish I had a bowl of it right now.

hi Teacher Mark

I dont have any idea about language link or Apollo which one is the best because i never studied in these language centre:).

I wrote email to the teacher u listed for me. but havent got any reply from them. I dont think they will help us :(.

I find really hard to have the support from foreigners in vietnam. Actually, my purpose is the exchange language and having fun but look like quite hard to organize an english club like that.

Candynguyen wrote:

hi Teacher Mark

I dont have any idea about language link or Apollo which one is the best because i never studied in these language centre:).

I wrote email to the teacher u listed for me. but havent got any reply from them. I dont think they will help us :(.

I find really hard to have the support from foreigners in vietnam. Actually, my purpose is the exchange language and having fun but look like quite hard to organize an english club like that.

Yes, it is hard.  You know why?  Because we are lazy and spoiled westerners that only care about what we get out of something....like a bowl of peach ice cream.

Teachers that are living in Hanoi can jump in at any time!

Yes i agree with u.
So i have to say sorry to some ppl who are really want to join in english club. i dont think i will organize english club any more.
I think each of us should find a good way to practise english.

Good luck to everyone in learning english

Hey candyNguyen.

I really want to enjoin Club English in HaNoi.

Let's me know when you start.

Brgds/Richard . Tel: 0946093446

Although I do not currently live in Hanoi, I visit often. If I know your group meeting schedule I'm happy to volunteer time to refine English speaking skills when our schedules overlap. I can also explain how to learn independently using film and the  Internet.I am currently doing business in Bangkok but I'm considering eventually making a move to Hanoi, Bob

Dear all,

I am glad to inform to all of you that on 9 September 2012, my friend will visit hanoi. He is Singaporean and he is willing to join with us. There will be a good chance for us to practise English with native speakers.

Suppose the time and place:

Time: 6pm- 8pm on 9 September 2012
Place: coffee shop (i havent found the good place to organise yet). Anyone can recommend the good place?

Cost: pay by yourself (drink,...)

Please confirm early if you want to join.
(we will organize if there are more than 10 people).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Dear, yesterday i invited some members and they are very happy when them know our idea.

Good idea! When and where plz?

I also want to ask: when and where...and what are urs phone numbers?:P

Hi
I would like to speak English with everyone.
Please call me soon.

I also like practice speaking El, I want to find many EL clubs to join.

Hi, my name is lia
I wish this club still exist
I really interest with your idea. I'm indonesian, i'm a student in hanoi.
So if this club still exist, please inform me through my email.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Lia , , , , , I think the Hanoi club is still active, Go to meetup,com and search for clubs in Hanoi. I believe you will find one,

And If you of know anyone wanting the same opportunity to practice English conversation in Siem Reap, they can find details on the same above website. We have English practice almost every day.

Good luck,  Bob

Hi lia. Which university in hanoi do you study at? Just a curious question ^^

Have you tried ++++  Hey have an active club in Hanoi

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting external link on the Forum please + share in private pls

this is a good idea. I want to learn English because of careers improvement and making a new friend all over the worl. Please let me know where and when? Maybe it organize in Hanoi, does it? And how to join it? Thank you

there is one in ha dong distric if you are interested in this club

Thank you for the info bob,
Actually i want to learn about vietnamese and join the club where i can meet new friends and share culture and so on

I tried to open that web, still trying how its work
Cheer, lia

Hi . . . . A Meet-up group in Vietnam is primarily to  help Vietnamese learn English. In such a club, however, you will meet many who will be eager to swap Vietnamese lessons for English practice.