Need some help with planning my two day trip to Paris

Hello

Together with my wife and parents in law we're going to pay a short visit to Paris next week.

I have some questions and was hoping there may be some folks here that could help us with planning our short trip. We'll only be in town for one night, arriving at 9am at CDG and departing again the next day at 7pm.

We wish to see the Eiffel Tower, l'Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysses, Place de la Concorde and China Town.

We check in at lunch and stay at a hotel near the Eiffel Tower, so I was thinking of looking at that first, then go to l'Arc de Triomphe, depending on how the weather is, walk a few steps on Champs Elysses or take a taxi to Place de la Concorde. That would be our afternoon program (to be followed by a late afternoon/evening trip to China Town).

First question I have is: how long would you estimate this all may take and if someone can recommend a nice restaurant on Champs Elysses not too far from l'arc de Triomphe, maybe with a view on Elysses.

The next question would be, how would you go to China Town from Place de la Concorde, Bus or Metro? We would like to use the Metro, but would we be missing something of interest if we take the Metro? And if we take the Metro what line would we need to take and where should we get off, so that we don't need to walk too far to get into China Town. I was thinking best would be to take the M1 to Palais Royal du Louvre, there take M7 to Port de Choisy or port d'Ivery, whatever is better. What confuses me about the metro map is that the M7 line seems to split at Maison Blanche, how do I know I'm going in the right direction?

Also, which are the main streets/places to see in China Town or where is the heart of it?

If anyone has any other recommendations, please feel free to share! (f.e. boat trip, markets, etc.)

Merci Beaucoup

Hello snake77.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello Aurélie

Thank you for the warm welcome, I thought I'd never get a "welcome post"

been here for a few month now ;) (on Expat.com...)