Bastille Day Meeting and Picnic

Hello Guys!

As you know it's soon the Bastille Day on 14 July.

It is the first time I will attend to the Military Parade, 'coz in Paris since almost three months now (not expat but I'm from Lyon).

So what do you think about a meeting this day and a picnic after the parade?

If you'd like to meet expatats, french, making new friends. talking in french, english or another language.

Please let us know! We'd like to meet you!!

See ya soon

Phil

Hi Phil!

I hope that other members will help you soon.

Harmonie. :)

Yes Phil!! :)

I will be for sure :) I want to see how french people celebrate their national day.

Ab the picnic I hope the wheater will be enough good :)

See you soon!!

Hope with other expats and french people!

Joanna

Come on guys! don't be shy :D

there will be live musics on champ de mars at the afternoon.

we're waiting for you!!

phil

Hi

Yup I m in!!

let us decide the time and the spot to gather... for the military parade first then..thereafter ,, we can plan for lunch and the evening.. what say??

cheers!!

Hello Mansi4 :)

I'm happy you will join us. As I know for the parade we should be quite early in the morning, I guess Phil will write soon ab it. Picnic depends of the weather and our ideas :)

Have a nice weekend :)

Joanna

so when r u ppl going to reply... on the timings and the location to meet...

do let us know.. at the earliest!!

Hi Mansi4 :)

the event is on 14th of July in the morning so in few days we will fix the hour and exact place

Joanna

yes I have to check what time is the best to be on champs elysees and get the best places!

Let you know asap!

phil

I would like to come as well:)! Looking for new people here. Do you already have a time and place? xxx

Hello PaulineSarah :)

I'm happy you would like to join us!

We didn't fix the place and time yet, but for parade for sure it will be early in the morning, Phil will write about it soon, till 14.07 we have still more than week so it's enough time ;)

After parade if it will be sunny as recently we can go for picnic, I also heard that near to Eiffel Tower may be some happening- but I have to check it

Any new ideas also are welcomed :)

Joanna

Yup in the evening there would be fireworks.. at many locations the best being eifel tower...it would start around 10 and would be badly crowded so hv to reach there in time..

if u guys are ok.. can i invite few new frnds whom i met last weekdn only.. actually i m a veggei.. and i met a group of vegetarians frnds..so we would prefer veggei food..

I have to check this evening for the place and time to get the best place!

@mansi4: sure you can invite friends to come :D

Phil so we waiting for your checking ;)

and mansi4 of course you can invite them! I don't eat meat on fridays so I would say I'm vegan once a week ;) you know in general we want to build a group of people who would like to spend sometime time together and have fun, no matter color of skin, religion, vegan or not... :)

Have a good day!

Joanna

So the military parade starts at 10am to 12pm and we have to arrive to the spot at least before 2 hours!

7.30am? at the champs elysee? so we can find the best spot?

the best spot, close to the arc de triomphe?

ready to be there at 7.30am?

don't forget to bring water, food sunscreen that will be a long sunny morning :D

Hi!

So I will start to prepare my mentality to such early hour on free day! :)

But the place of meeting should be more clear, I will think about it and will write soon.

See you!

Have a nice weekend :)

Joanna

Hi guys!
how are you doing on this sunday?

So for Thursday. We can meet at metro station Charles de Gaulle-Etoile, exit "Avenue Wagram"

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2195/spot1c.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8207/spot2t.jpg
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9922/spot3o.jpg

is it good for you?

send me a MP if you want my mobile number. That will be useful I think :D

about time 7.30am? :D, the parade will start at 10am. just time to reach the best spot.

Phil

Great job Phil! :)

Really it's impossible to do it better, now for sure all people will know the place.

So see you on Thursday! :)

Joanna

So guys who will come this Thur?

at this time

Joanna
Phil (me)

Yes, I am in..
Will confirm from other frnds.. too, who wanted to join..

i ll just confirm the number of people on by tomorrow.

7:30 is fine with me.np at all..hehhehe

see u

Mansi

Hi,

My friend and I plan to attend this Bastille Day picnic, and this group has lots of people from all over the world. We always have fun!

Paris Urban Adventures. It is a MeetUp group: meetup.com/parisurbanadventures/

Come join us!
Q

mansi4 wrote:

Yes, I am in..
Will confirm from other frnds.. too, who wanted to join..

i ll just confirm the number of people on by tomorrow.

7:30 is fine with me.np at all..hehhehe

see u

Mansi

great see you tomorrow :)

Guys don't forget your camera and raincoat! :D

so finally its we 3 only??
few of my veggie frnd would be joing but later at 9...

give me ur numbers...will it be fine,.to post the numbers here... u can mail them me to .. i ll reply with mine.

Hello :)

I guess I will come with one friend from Poland, so we will be 4, and then when your friends will join Mansi, we will be more.
I hope weather will be enough good to make a little picninc :)

See you all!

Joanna

I'll be there with a friend to so We'll be 5
hope to get sunny day!!!

Time to go to sleep have to wake up early haha

see ya
phil

Hello guys

thank you all for coming yesterday. it was very nice ;)

Phil

it was really fun.. enjoyed a lot!!..

may be we can plan something for tomorrow evening..:)

also get urselves register with meetup.com... its nice..

tomorrow 2-5 i m going with one these meetups for a Walk.. the location is still not decided.. and the spots are full.. so may be we can meet somewhere in the evening..

mansi

hello hello :)

Yes! it was really nice day, thank you all very much..:)

For tomorrow evening I'm in, I propose 7 pm or later, we can meet on Champs Elysees or St. Michel? I'm open for suggestions.

See you tomorrow!

Joanna

hey..Joanna/Phil anything finalised??

if u decide the location and timing just SMS or call n let me know.. i might not hv access to net..

and otherwise.. there is a vegetarian picnic tomorrow at 1 am

Parc des Buttes Chaumont

19eme Paris

"Rosa Bonheur" Parc des Buttes Chaumont 2, allée de la Cascade 75019 Paris

So if u people feel comfortable you can join in.. but do let me know.. by today evening.. so tht i can reply... to my other frnds..

yup... joanna fine,, with me.. wish u try keep.. Expat.com.. members also.. informed..but i couldn;t look for Paris by Night.. when n where is it??..

till 1.. i m available on net... any plans for tonite.. or tomorrow lunch picnin??

Hi Mansi!

I think we didn't understand well ;)

I will be near the McDonald on Champs Elysees at 7.30, Phil will also come, then we can go for a walk or do something just for fun- freestyle..;)

So see you there!

Of course to others who read this post, you are welcomed too for this evening!! :)

Joanna