Housing in Paris suburbs

Hi-
We will be moving to Paris in the next month or so-
As American expats currently living in Japan-we would love to find a house in the suburbs/outskirts of Paris. 
Any suggestions on areas to check out?
Thanks for any help!

Hi lovetowander! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) Did you view the Paris classifieds > accommodation section? You should check this article as well, there are useful links :

Accommodation in France.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thank you for the information Christine!

r u looking to buy or rent?

Hi-
We'd like to rent/lease.  Probably be there about 3 years.
Any info is appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi, we live in Juvisy sur Orge, it is pretty quiet but plenty of shops, supermarkets near by, a lovely big park and a main train station that can get you into central Paris in 20 minutes. It's postcode is 91, worth checking out.

Have you bought a home in france. And are you looking to renovate? I would love to talk to you regarding what we are looking for the show.

skele wrote:

Hi, we live in Juvisy sur Orge, it is pretty quiet but plenty of shops, supermarkets near by, a lovely big park and a main train station that can get you into central Paris in 20 minutes. It's postcode is 91, worth checking out.

That sounds nice!  and close to the train station is important!  Are there many houses there?  Or mostly apartments?

pseth1112 wrote:

Have you bought a home in france. And are you looking to renovate? I would love to talk to you regarding what we are looking for the show.

Hi-
No, we haven't bought.  We will probably rent/lease.  Any information is helpful-thanks!

Hi,  If you have not found a home yet, I know of one in Neuilly-Plaisance, a suburb very close to Paris (in the east) - it is for rent for one to two years.  3 to 4 bedrooms, garden, parking, near excellent French schools in a lovely, small town.

[moderated: please post in Housing section. Thanks.]

[moderated: off topic.]

Try some local of Paris newspapers or classified having specific section of rents and property. It will be more helpful to you.

Hello whrhotel.

Please note that this is an old thread but thank you for your comprehension.

Regards

Karen :)

Hello,

[Moderated: pls send details in private pls]

Olivier and ingrid