Hello, I am new!! (need some info )

My boyfriend and I will be moving to Kuwait in the next week, all though we will not be living together we want to find out if its ok to visit each others apartments? Would this be ok, or is there any laws against it?

please Help.

Monica

u can visit .... but cant stay together ... but all in limits

awsome thank you ...

You can stay together! Depends on where u staying and then needs to see of the security guy of apartment is comfortable with this! Good Luck :-)

It isn't breaking the law if you don't get caught. You can live together... lots of couples here do it. Just don't do it in an area that is dominated by Kuwaitis. Everyone else doesn't really care.

Thank you for all your replays.

One more thing i would like to know is, If im going to work in the New Harvey Nichols Store that opens in September.
Where would be the best place for me to stay?
That is close by and safe?

M

where exactly is the store opening? a mall? if so which one? on its own? if so which area?

store name is not a lot to go by.

Harvey Nichols ah? very nice indeed! :D

sorry, I'm not being helpful... just nicely surprised :)

I am trying to find out at this very moment, where exactly Harvey Nichols (M.H.Alshaya Co.W.L.L.) will be situated.

As soon as I know i will post it up.

M

my guess is 360 mall, in which case ur best option is Salwa. its not "technically" close by as the surrounding areas are Kuwaiti owned residential areas, as in hard to find (if available) spaces to rent, lest u be renting an entire villa, which will cost u.

ok so got the Address:                                           Harvey Nichols- Kuwait
The Avenues Mall
Al Rai Area
Kuwait
KW

Any suggestions?

Great! Then Riggae area is best for u! Which is just next to avenues mall!

Id stick to salwa still. More western friendly.

I agree.  Salwa is nice area to live in.  No regrets.

And how far is that from Harvey Nichols?                                  Is it close by? And I do not have a car so what transportation would be the best from Salva?

u could ask around to see if ur colleagues at work arrange a minibus service. taxi would be the only option as buses are not really female-friendly. u can check my answer to ur previous 5 questions for more details on transportation.

If it's at the Avenues, then it's only about a 10 minute drive, depending on the time of day.  Before I got my own car, I used to have a regular taxi driver that only charged me 2 - 2.5 KD each way.  And you can probably find co-workers to share a ride with, depending on your schedule.

Good shout working for Harvey Nichols - quite a poplular shop in the UK too :D

Hope you will enjoy your stay in Kuwait and like it over there.

Good luck :)

Hey, I too work with Alshaya. We live in Salwa block4. Very nice place, good commute to work. Pay no more than 2kd (which is split with my 3 colleagues).
Avenues phase3 is where HN will be...exciting!!

Hello,Kayvictoria
Thanx so much for the post, if you doent mind me asking how much is the rent in (Salva block4?)

Monica

it would run from anywhere from 250~350 given the size of the apartment