Help topic on Change of Profession

Saudi Arabia is hosting too many foreign workers. So that Saudi Arabian Govt set up some rules for expatriate who want to live here and work here to earn livelihood. One of the rule in this regard is, If an expatriate want to call his family on resident visa he must belong to a professional or technical job. And his work permit should prove that. Every expatriate in Saudi Arabia has an Iqama (Resident permit) which states his profession. I don't know exactly what are the specific professions which are eligible for applying a family visa but I have a clue, most technical professions have this facility.

So if an expatriate is living here and his profession is not eligible for applying for a family visa he got an option to change his profession in documents. e.g Work/Resident Permit. This doesn't mean he has to change his job, but this is just like a formality in documents. You must have a University degree or a 3 years technical diploma.
1. Requirements

If you are already present in Saudi Arabia, You need a letter from your Company/Sponsor to Saudi Consulate (In your home country). It should state that you are having an Iqama and working in Saudi Arabia and company has no objection if Saudi Embassy will attest your degree, then attest this letter from chamber of commerce in Jeddah/Riyadh. (If you don't have this letter you got to pay additional money to agents (In your home country)to get your degree attested.)
    Copy of your Iqama
    Copy of your passport.
    Your Degree or Diploma

2. Attestations Required from your Home Country

Before submitting it for attestation from Saudi Embassy / Consulate get your degree attested by yourself from following offices.

Higher Education Commission of your home country
    Foreign Office of your home country

Once degree/diploma is get attested from above, then contact any recruting agency, travel agency or agent who is speciallized for Saudi Arabia. Almost all the agents who provide Umrah Visa can help you in attesting your documents. You need to attest degree from following.

Saudi Culture Center in home country
    Saudi Consulate in home country

3. Next Steps Required in Saudi Arabia

Once you have done these attestation, bring your documents in Saudi Arabia and attest again from.

Consulate of your home countery
    Saudi Foreign Office (located in Jeddah or any other city called خارجیہ)

4. Submit an Application for Change of Profession

Your company / sponsor must issue a letter that you are working with us, doing same kind of work which you are intended to change your profession. Now translate your degree into Arabic and find a good General Service Agency/Agent. These agencies and agents have their offices at Jawazat Street in Jeddah/Riyadh and you can find by yourself in other cities. Discuss necessary details with them. They will tell their requirements and fees.  Settle a suitable amount that is acceptable for both parties. Also make sure your new profession will be eligible for Istikdam (family visa issuing authority).

Then submit your application for change of profession. Once you completed change of your profession to a profession that is eligible for family visa, further process is very simple.I hope this will help.

source: http://yasirimran.wordpress.com/2011/09 … di-arabia/

Note: Not 'every expat has an Iqama'. I have a business visa and I live and work here.