Money or Love?

Do you agree,that now a days, money is much preferable than love? I mean... people choose rich man rather than the one who love them...
:/

edvilyn wrote:

Do you agree,that now a days, money is much preferable than love? I mean... people choose rich man rather than the one who love them...

The Beatles sang, "Money can't buy you love".

Seems it can.

Love is more important than money. Money can buy everything but can't buy happiness, money can't buy a smile. Love makes us smile and gives us happiness.

biscuta wrote:

Love is more important than money. Money can buy everything but can't buy happiness, money can't buy a smile. Love makes us smile and gives us happiness.

Money can't buy hapainess,a smile....but money make us more happiness, more funny, more...money can't buy them but it can make them improve more ^^

Money is important but isn't everything, I think true happiness isn't in buying a lot of stuff, or having a lot of cloth, a fancy car and etc. I met people who didn't have a lot of money but they are happy. True happiness comes from the heart not from the pocket.

Some girls prefer to get married to a rich man, just because he is rich not because of love and not because he is a good man. Money didn't buy those girls' love.

yes you are right edvilyn nowadays! but personnaly i'm not like that i prefer romantism and lovvvvvvvvvvvee. i prefer to have a relation based on love than money. i'm sure that in this world you can find some poor people or with less money but their relation last because they love each other

we should consider both of money and love.^^

It actually depends on our priorities in life; and as we can see around, perspective is everything nowadays. We may need a combination of both :) ... Money is the fuel of life; Love is the fuel of our souls which keeps us alive, satisfied and happy.

The short answer is Yes.

money comes first you dont have money everything is bulshit. husband and wife quarrel its becoz of 2 major reason 1st woman and 2ndly money.and 1 morething if u have money  u can prolong your life and the other hand if u dont have money u will die bcoz u cant afford to pay for your hospitalisation so money is still important that without it life  is  tough....they said money is the root of all evil things...that is not right...instead no money is the root of evil things...

loved it....

Love comes before money....money can come and go..can get profit ..or lose.BUT ONCE YOU WILL LOSE LOVE, YOU CANNOT FIND IT BACK!

@harira111 - Your post is 100% true. :D

PS: It would be great if you could lower caps lock when writing. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

We can't do anything without money,there is one China old saying:life of poor couples are gray.
The party,car,house,clothes,all the stuff involves money.
Of course ,if the rich couples can't lead a good life without love.
So I really agree:money can't buy love,but our love need some money.

Sure Aureliez :)

Money can be preferred over love, but there is a consequence in the meantime, that is, a life without love. Love is a power that gives us reasons to want to exist, live, give and prosper forward no matter the size of the steps we take in life. However, we should not judge, if one is desperate enough in life, one must make a choice along with considering the consequences, when it comes to making money a presidential factor in one's life. Plz add some more thoughts, someone.

I do agree that a lot of women focus on money more than love i am a 65 year old single man and i have seen this many times.

Have a nice day:

David1946

I would think it is more common as the world population has increased. hahaha. but I still believe that there is true love in the world and there will still be many who would rather choose true love than money. =)

should be looked into retrospective  .

money can bring you anything you want...love, friends etc but once it's gone you wont see them for dust.

su-san0525
I dont have a lot of money...if i want somethng i save up to buy it. I have been to pakistan and th epoverty there is great, but i saw them smile.
What you do with your money is up to you. As for my if i was rich id make sure they were marrying me for me and not the money, same with friends.

When the money runs out then you see if they are with you for love, same with your friends.
True love and friends will stick by you no matter what

money  predominates over everything materialistic pattern of life.... thus we cannot chose between money and love... love is a state of mind.....money is just a means

Love is when you come home from work to a cuddle at the door :kiss: and dinner is ready.
When you feel down  and cuddle makes it better.
Or when they give you that 'look' :heart:

oh it seems nice feeling to get all this when you be home and found all this

DoveOmeri wrote:
Sharez wrote:

money  predominates over everything materialistic pattern of life.... thus we cannot chose between money and love... love is a state of mind.....money is just a means

Too true! When my husband see's me sad,or unhappy (because he works so hard,and I don't get to see him very much :kiss:)he has said "Don't you love the beautiful home I made for you? All the beautiful curtains and "richy lamps"? And I always say,"I don't care about 'richy lamps' or THINGS,I care about YOU!" ("richy lamps" is his way of saying 'fancy' or 'beautifully decorated')

unfortunately  .. The problem is that very often people want to compensate love with money....

edvilyn wrote:

not always.. there are still those who prefer to be with someone they really love..

Hi Devilyn

I can't say for the global population but in China girls are generally and certainly very materialistic when it comes to relationships with foreigners. I have however seen a trend in Chinese girls becoming more picky for money than traditional within their own culture as well.

Personally, if it comes to marriage, I would want to know that someone is willing to stand by me in difficult times instead of just running after the easy life and money. Who knows what might happen in the future. On the other hand I don't want to even think about marriage at all!

DoveOmeri wrote:
Sharez wrote:
DoveOmeri wrote:

Too true! When my husband see's me sad,or unhappy (because he works so hard,and I don't get to see him very much :kiss:)he has said "Don't you love the beautiful home I made for you? All the beautiful curtains and "richy lamps"? And I always say,"I don't care about 'richy lamps' or THINGS,I care about YOU!" ("richy lamps" is his way of saying 'fancy' or 'beautifully decorated')

unfortunately  .. The problem is that very often people want to compensate love with money....

True..and they can never full fill that need for love with buying 'stuff' all the time. Before I married my husband,I had a beautiful home,filled to the brim with beautiful 'stuff',but I was still lonely. After we were married,I would have lived with him in a CAVE..didn't need all that 'stuff' to try to fill that void in my life anymore! Makes me think of all those super rich movie celebrities and all those marriages they go through! Don't know why my mind went to that--but it did,so..there it is. :idontagree:

communication... relax and express your feeling to your husband

For me love is more important although having enough money is important, perhaps just not AS important.

billions of people around the world, some may consider money before love, some needs love better than money, old rich man buy love, poor people want to get out of their miserable life and they are looking for someone who can afford. happily married couple become ruin when problem occures about money. for me love is the best thing ever.

No money.... No love.....

Love many.... No money....

So love money....

Both is important though if i have to choose one~~ I'll choose someone who i love and love me back~

I had this bad experience in having a relationship with some rich guy who my mom intro me to~~ i dun enjoy every date i had with him and the relation ended just for a short 3 months~ i dun even have the mood when he calls to talk me on phone for hours~ =P

utte86 wrote:

Both is important though if i have to choose one~~ I'll choose someone who i love and love me back~

I had this bad experience in having a relationship with some rich guy who my mom intro me to~~ i dun enjoy every date i had with him and the relation ended just for a short 3 months~ i dun even have the mood when he calls to talk me on phone for hours~ =P

i love and love me back~  thta the mistake i think... the expectation.... one should love without expecting any thing in return... give n expect nothing

I dont have money but...
I have tried on over £120,000 pounds worth of diamonds...2 necklaces and ring

Money lol

David1946 wrote:

I do agree that a lot of women focus on money more than love i am a 65 year old single man and i have seen this many times.

Have a nice day:

David1946

Hello Boss,

100 percent correct.

My thought...

without money social life is not interesting.

without love personal life is not interesting.

without love & money  life totally not interesting.

anyway i still need love more than money

That is why their relationships don't last. The founation is built upon lies. Love is true and forever, but we stain it with selfisness and our what can we get for ourselves attitude. Love gives.

Nothing is more important than love.... true love.

When I first came to Brazil I was wealthy by Brazilian standards, married a Brazilian woman (on my part it was for love) and she wiped me out financially and our marriage ended bitterly.

Now after several years I am re-married to a wonderful young Brazilian woman who truly loves me, she loved me when I was poor so when I become wealthy again I will always know her love is true.

We have a beautiful five year old son who is the beneficiary of all of our love. He is sooooooooo happy.

Love is much more important than money. Just remember... you'll never see a dollar bill that can kiss you and hug you when you're feeling low.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR