Moving to Malta by September 2012.

We are looking to move to Malta by September 2012. We are in our early 30's and my wife  (2 months pregnant) and I are thinking of moving to Malta with our dog from Cyprus. Where is the best area in Malta for a quiet family life? My wife is in E gaming (Marketing) and I am in Hotel Management. We are still looking for work but we are also trying to decide on an area to choose to live in. Previously my wife was living in Sliema, but she says its a bit noisy for a dog and a baby.

Mellieha's very nice, around 6 hotels ( possible work )and if you're wife's pregnant around 30 mins to the hospital from Mellieha. There's some really good property available at reasonable rents also. I lived Gozo for 7 years but moved to Mellieha last year as i have a 19 year old daughter and there was no work over there... wished i had come here at the very beginning.:-)

mellieha is lovely ...LOL 100% agree

Hello Gliveras.

Welcome to Expat.com.

You can try to post an advert in the jobs in Malta section. It can be useful.

You can also browse through the Malta forum in order to get some tips.

Good luck,
Aurélie

@Toonarmy.
At least we agree there lol.Maybe we should meet up for a chat n coffee?

Hi Gliveras,

If you still want to live quite centrally but in a residential area San Gwann is very nice and so is Swieqi. There are some very nice houses in Swieqi. It is true that Mellieha is very nice but almost all the Igaming companies are based in the sliema area.

you can read more about Swieqi here: http://www.malta.com/en/about-malta/city-village/swieqi

I dont disagree with what anna says.

I agree........Mellieha is a lovely place to live!

ditto speedy p