Please help -moving to Kuwait

Dear experts,

Please help me with below queries, though there were answers for few queries but all seems older-

1) I offered with KD 800+ return tkt once in a year+ myself and wife insurance per month for Business Analyst roles with 4 yrs of exp. Does this sound good? I think I need to negotiate and they can Pay 1000-1100KD per month.Is salary include taxes? how much taxes for Kuwait???

2)1 bhk flat with pool n gym how much costs?

3) monthly transportation by car to office n back?

4) weekend outing n dinner with wife n small kid?

5) other expenses and how much I will able to save...thanks in advance

1) I offered with KD 800+ return tkt once in a year+ myself and wife insurance per month for Business Analyst roles with 4 yrs of exp. Does this sound good? I think I need to negotiate and they can Pay 1000-1100KD per month.Is salary include taxes? how much taxes for Kuwait???
Well try to negotiate to make it a 1000KD
since u have 4 years of Experience.

2)1 bhk flat with pool n gym how much costs?
Well you could get a 2 bedroom apt starting from 250 to 500 or 600 depending on where ur stayin in Salmiya i believe you can get a 2 bedroom apt for 250 unfurnished, as for the pool and the gym there is Platinum i believe its for 150 kd for 6 month or you can go to Corniche club which is 900 kd per year.

3) monthly transportation by car to office n back?
Well you could buy a car or you could actually get your own car here from saudi if your a gcc citizen its gonna be much better,

4) weekend outing n dinner with wife n small kid?

well i believe it wont cost you more than 30 KD probably less.

5) other expenses and how much I will able to save...thanks in advance

well let summer that up.

Apt 250 kd
Mobile network subscription range from 20 to 40 per month
food n stuff for home 100 kd or 150 kd
transportation with a driver not a taxi would cost around 40 kd
Gym long term subscirption is def better they have a lot of offers.

well hope this helped a bit am still new here so am not really an expert but i would suggest you take a look at the blog u will find the cost of living here isnt expensive at all.
or contact Legacy man of the hour, our main man here in Kuwait dont hesitate to ask him anything he will help you right away.

tc my friend

Dear Waleed,

many thanks for your advice...

just few corrections for above post

1)I have total of 8.5 Yrs of exp, but as Business Analyst it is 4 yrs of exp.

2) I am not GCC citizen , I am an Indian and was in Saudi for few months and now back to India.

Any idea if any tax deducted from my salary???

other other important info you want to share most welcome.
many thanks once again.

Dear Harry

Your most welcome :) well if you have 4 years exp i guess you should demand more trust me they first offer a price to see ur reaction if u negotiate then they will know you are not desperate for the job :) n they will also know your the man for the vacancy n you should tell them more about ur past 8 years exp in the other field, also there is no such thing in a Kuwait called taxes here is a tax free country. also ask them for mobile allowance, transportation allowance, and housing allowance :)and if you have a kid tell them i need to send high to a good skool not just any skool.
please dont hesitate to ask further questions :)

thanks Waleed :D

harry, there are no taxes in Kuwait.

omg waleed you pay 20~40KD per month for your mobile?! u can get a package from Zain for internet etc. and it wont cost more than 7KD a month :S

harry, once u live in Kuwait and apply for your drivers licence, whether or not u can convert (if you have) saudi licence to Kuwaiti is a procedure i am not familiar with, but once u can legally drive in Kuwait, it is better to own a vehicle, leasing if you do not know how long you plan to stay in Kuwait, purchase so u stop paying installments after some time and up your savings.

as for your savings amount, it depends entirely on you. each person is unique in their expenses and pass times, so once u get here u can set your own budget. we cannot do that for you. whether you enjoy eating at 5* restaurants or would settle for a relaxing walk on the beach as an evening with the Mrs. and tike, is entirely your call.

if you feel you can negotiate for a higher salary, by all means go for it :) more is always better right?

in total, for monthly food and rent, you will be running around 400KD, 250+150, lets say you take a car lease, that will be another 100, so thats 500KD. give miscellaneous expenses around 100, and that leaves you with a saving of 200KD a month.

currently in Jeddah myself, trust me. You will like Kuwait better.

TRUST ME...

:/

I would like to know internet cost for different mobile operators...Can u all please help me?Im new to kuwait too.Which mobile operator provides good and cheap service.

Harry all the best for your journey..

Legacy u currently live in jeddah :S

hehe no Waleed i'm only here till the 19th of April on work assignment :P the joys of audit

Vinz there are 3 mobile operators in Kuwait; Wataniya, Zain and Viva, check out their websites, see their different plans and select the one which is best to you.

Zain have a package for 7KD a month, internet.

Thanks legacy..........

I want to move to Kuwait so bad.