Canadian couple looking for Employment in Belize

We are looking to move to Belize but would prefer employment to be set up prior to moving, if possible. I do nutritional microscopy at an alternative health clinic; in addition, I have almost 10 years of hospitality experience. My boyfriend is a first officer and has worked in the airline industry in customer service for over 15 years.

Any advice regarding employment or simply Canadians moving to Belize would be helpful!

Thank you!

I hate to be a downer, but getting a \"job\" in Belize is exceedingly difficult. You must get a work permit first, and the employer willing to hire you must prove they\'ve exhausted all resources trying to find a Belizean employee first. Belize does not want to take jobs away from the locals, especially in this poor economy.

If you must earn money in order to afford to live here, then starting or buying a business is an option. Self-employed work permits are much easier to obtain.

Or, if you can live here for 15-18 months without working, until such time as you can apply and get approved for Permanent Residency, then you won\'t need a work permit at all.

Hope this helps. Sharon Hiebing

as always- sharon has the best advice- try to follow what she tells you as gospal