Storage Facilities

My current plan is to live in Asuncion in a rented apartment for up to 6 months a year and in Australia the other 6 months.  I have already acquired a small amount of furniture and other stuff that I will have to leave behind when I leave.  I also wish to buy a car here.
I am looking for a storage facility here in Asuncion, where I can safely store my furniture and car while I am away.  In Australia they are everywhere, but I cannot find one here in Asuncion. 
Do they exist?  Any help would be appreciated.  Is this a business opportunity for someone?

I would think a business opportunity exists for something like this, as we couldn't find any storage yards or warehouses over past few years as we come and go either.  Probably not a big population of transients like us expats to make it a very high volume business though.  Friends and relatives are who we use mostly to store things.   Although I have a hard time shaking the feeling my car has a temporary "taxi" sign hung on the door and is making daily runs between the airport and downtown!

I am not sure now but I think that maybe Servimex could be there of assistance, though I doubt it would be cheap if they should offer something like that.

mike you have  another way to let you car and furniture with someone  who is trustworthy. my friend! Cuz Im paraguay and believe me I never heared companies about it!

There is a possible lead, do you really feel there is a demand for a "home depot" in Gran Assuncion area ?
If so, at what cost are you willing to pay for this service ? Leaving an house unattended for multiple months is a serious risk outside gran assuncion ?

thanks for sharing

Most people who are expats that have homes they do not live in full time, end up using on site caretakers, cuidadors, that will watch over the property and do light maintenance.  Also, the Paraguayan's who have vacation homes in the country also use cuidadors who either live on the property or visit it daily.  Otherwise you will discover how easy it is for belongings to "grow feet" and walk off!  This is not such an issue in the city as long as one know's neighbors who will keep an eye on the property and you keep it properly secured.

Build ties and promoting Good Neighboring in ur surrounder looks like an option. Peace of mind comes with a price :)
Does the cuidador lives for free on the premisses ? Does it comes with a liability attached ? then one should compares costs to a "in-house" surveillance solution versus safe warehousing.

Any member would be open to a car sharing situation ? would like to have transportation, if any one interested.

safe regards
Paulo

Storage Center
Teniente Primero Nicolas Cazenave, Asuncion, Paraguay.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct