Immigrate to Asuncion, Paraguay, start a new life...

Hello Asuncion Community,
I am Victor from Vietnam. I am planning to immigrate to Asuncion when it's possible. The problem is that I don't speak Spanish (just speak English). So, I am sure I will be wrestling with the new life there before I can get familiar with it. There are so many basic information I should know about the city, such as:
- what is the website where local people post ads about room for rent, house for rent, house for sales, apartment for sales…(like Craigslist in other countries) because I will need to rent a place in Asuncion or nearby for a while.
- what is the popular school where a foreigner can learn Spanish in Asuncion?
- where can I rent a motorbike to explore the city of Asuncion?
- what is the name of Chinese area in Asuncion like Chinatown in SF?
- where should I go to learn driving a car and get the driver license?
- if I wish to do business in Asuncion, what kind of business should I open? How can I do business without speaking good Spanish?
- where can I send my son (10 year old) to school in Asuncion?
- how can I get healthcare for my family?
I know it's a huge challenge for a foreigner to start a new life in a new society.
I highly appreciate your instruction. Thank you so much.

Locanto is a free service like Craigslist:

https://asuncion.locanto.com.py/

Look under INMOBILIARIA for apartments and rooms for rent.  Click on "Departamentos en alquiler" and "Alquiler de habitaciones" for apartments and rooms, respectively.   Renting a room would be quite an adventure for you, not knowing Spanish - but it would be much cheaper than other alternatives and would help you learn Spanish and the culture very quickly.  Also, often other services are available when you rent a room, or they can be negotiated, like private bath, meals, laundry, internet etc. etc.

There is also AirBNB but it's likely to be a bit more expensive, for short stays.  Often for longer stays prices can be negotiated.

https://www.airbnb.com/asuncion-paraguay/stays

You may already know that Paraguay has two official languages, Spanish and Guaraní.
More than half the population speaks both, and in some rural areas only Guaraní may be spoken.

There are Facebook groups that can help - just do a search for
facebook expats paraguay

thank you very much.

Since you do speak English, there are many sites where you can learn Spanish for free.  Learning a little Guarani will give you an edge as well and Memorize has a great course for that.

Thank you. It's so good information. I just wonder how can an Asian run a company (under SUACE : Paraguay residency by investment program )
Without speaking Spanish when he arrives in Asuncion. It will take long time to learn the language before he can operate his company there, I think.

The vocabulary for the business would be important to learn early.  It also depends on what kind of business. It might also be wise to live here a while before deciding what kind of business would do well.

thank you.
I am sure it's very hard to start a business in a new society. I don't know if there are many Asians who immigrate to Paraguay by investment like this, the amount for an applicant is 70,000 USD; but what will happen if the business fails after a few months, will the applicant lose his/her PR...

vicng1171, I am originally from the USA. I am in the final steps of obtaining permanent residency. There is someone in my apartment building who teaches driving classes. If and when you come to Asuncion, I am more than happy to put you in touch with him.

thank you.

This is my personal opinion, having just returned from PY and completed residency process. I did use an English speaking attorney (I've made several posts about my positive experiences) but I can honestly tell you ... it is difficult in PY without any Spanish, just day-to-day basics - much less running a business. I stayed in the higher-end area (by Shopping del Sol and Galleria malls) and thought for sure there would be some English help ... ummm - none! (not that I've found at least - but I do gesture well and say 'perdon' and 'gracias' a lot :-).

Great information. Thank you. There is an immigration program for Asian people to immigrate to PY called: SUACE : Paraguay residency by investment program.
The applicant needs to start a company in PY with the investment at minimum 70,000 USD.
Well, I personally cant figure out how can he do business in a new society like that; and the program seems not to be reasonable…for he will need a long time to integrate into the environment before he can do business.