I am a retired journalist and love travelling

@Julien

Hi there

I have been on an extended road trip in South Africa for the last 6 months and am considering moving to Paraguay or any other country with a cost of living comparable to Cape Town. I previously had stints in Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Greece and Turkey. North America and Western Europe are too expensive due to the weakening of the Rand.

I am a retired journalist and love travelling and meeting fellow expats.

Regards

Hugo Schreuder.

I guess Uruguay is about as expensive as Cape Town, being the most expensive country to live in in South America. Cost of living in Paraguay is lower. Just do yourself a favour and learn some Spanish before moving, as English is close to useless in South America.

Hello everyone, and welcome on board Hugo !

I have created a new thread from your post on the Paraguay forum so that you may better discuss with members.

A road trip for the past 6 months, that must be something.

I hope you gather enough info on the forum to make a choice on your future destination.

All the best

Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna. Much appreciated.

@rothphilip If you get a chance do come and have a look at Paraguay, plenty of unspoilt sights to see and all in a very low key way. As far as costs go it is a pretty inexpensive place to be and to explore. Do though make sure you get out to see the countryside. I have been here 20 years and would be happy to give a bit of guidance.

Thanks Simon. Where are you from ?

@rothphilip Originally from England

U can come to my hometown, it's beautiful

Where's that Yerkes?

@rothphilip Paraguay