Work and live in Canada

Hi! I joined this forum mainly to gather ideas and ask help as I wanted to work and live in Canada. I want to know what steps should I take. Would it be easier for me to be an immigrant or do the visit visa? Your experience and insights would be very helpful as I am very interested in going thru the process.

Thank you very much and have a good day to everyone!

Hi skieous27,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

All the best,
Christine

Thanks Christine!

Really? Coming from Dubai, I would look elsewhere. It is very, very , insanely cold. The only thing good about the country is its people they are nice, but there are nice people everywhere, quality of life is not there, don't care what any surveys says.

Paper work of any kind takes for ever to get it done; i.e to change the water/electricity bill to my name took 15 months and a threat of not paying the bill, and that is just the simple one, don't get me started with immigration...

Health care is good, well there has to be something good, right?

Schools? no comment

Just in case you are wondering I have lived in England, Spain,Oman and I have being already 2 years in Canada,in the " civilized" area ; and travel to other countries as well.

I am moving back to Spain....quality of life and value for money, by the way the houses are made of paper so utilities bill are rocket high, It is a consumer society, everyone is ill or depress and they advertise it on T.V! , 1 in 4 Canadians has a mental problem........

Please note this is just my personal opinion, based on my experiences, I wish you all the best and if you don't like it you can always go somewhere else, just make sure that you have some money with you because cost of living is quite high unless you go to the north.

Am a Nigerian,( are you guys still there?) a practicing medical laboratory scientist with specialization in hematology and blood transfusion. Lately I've been pondering on relocating to Canada as Nigeria is bent on frustrating certain professionals. Whats practicing in Canada like. I already know the people are nice and are quite tolerant of other races. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sele.

Hello onois_2012;
I would like to say that Canadians are some of the nicest and kind people you ever going to meet, love them!

After leaving in England for over 20 years, and having met lots and lots of Nigerians, the question is....ARE YOU TOLERANT OF OTHER PEOPLE?

onois_2012 wrote:

Am a Nigerian,( are you guys still there?) a practicing medical laboratory scientist with specialization in hematology and blood transfusion. Lately I've been pondering on relocating to Canada as Nigeria is bent on frustrating certain professionals. Whats practicing in Canada like. I already know the people are nice and are quite tolerant of other races. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sele.

hi sele,

i'm cdn and was born & raised in toronto. we have a diverse population here. i personally love our mix. i'm used to the weather but i must say it is one of the more difficult things for new comers to get used to. i think health care is experiencing some restrictions from funding (i work at a paediatric hospital) but it's still a sector that is expected to grow given the size of our "baby boomer" population...toronto is a great city but so to is montreal (they are more relaxed), vancouver and the prairies also offer their own appeal to new comers. 

you can search the various job sites for health care and see what the salaries and job details are like: www.workopolis.com and www.monster.ca

you can also check the job boards of the major hospitals in toronto: st. michaels, mt. sinai, university health network: toronto general, princess margaret; and sick kids are a few

anyway, do wish you the best.

Hi I am Doris and I would like to immigrate to Canada and to work there. I want to know what steps should I take. Would it be easier for me to be an immigrant or do the visit visa? Your experience and insights would be very helpful as I am very interested in going through the process. If you heard any opportunity about this please let me know. I am good in working on textile machine industry and i am also good in making natural and artificial flower bouquet. thank you