Does VA disability income count for a pensioner's visa??

I hope someone out there can tell me if a VA disability income would be accepted as proof for a pensioner's visa.  Is there anyone out there that is in this position?  Thanks.

Currently, any verifiable pension over $800, or $900 for a couple and $100 for each additional dependent will qualify for a pensioners visa. Be prepared to spend 6 months acquiring this by yourself and waiting in many lines and putting up with lost files, etc.

You can use an attorney but much care needs to be exercised in doing so. If you have the time, you will need to be prepared to spend 6 months in country to make certain you have enough time to complete the process. Speaking Spanish is helpful, but there are many interpreters available that are bi-lingual to assist you.

But to answer you initial question, any verifiable pension is acceptable, key word being verifiable.

Thanks again Alan.  I have an award letter from the VA stating that I receive XXXX.XX a month, I hope that suits the need for "verifiable".  The process sounds exhausting however.

This is one of the things you will experience in Ecuador. It's their way of keeping the minority employed, by making anything that is a legal process a paper jungle. That may be a slight exaggeration but remember, this is a 3rd world country and nothing happens fast! That can not be stressed enough. And besides, what else do you have to do? Aren't you coming to relax, live, and enjoy life? Ecuador is a step back in time. These are things you must be ready to embrace. Resistance will simply send you back to your starting place!