Swedish Language

Hey there, I am moving to Stockholm within a month. any recommendations for swedish courses for immigrants? I completed the elementary and pre-intermediate courses at Stockholm uni 2 years ago. Anyway, I would appreciate your advice.
Lana

You can have a search online for private classes which are cheaper than studying at a University. VERY EXPENSIVE for foreigners. Theres a private company that does it for 20-40 lessons ranging from 9000 SEK - 18000 SEK.Or you can do SFI which is free. I'm starting mine next week and cant tell you what to expect there sorry. All the best!

Hi Lana,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on the Stockholm forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck in your search.
Christine

Hey there,
thanks for the SFI I will go for it!

By the way do you know any proper site to rent an apartment
blocket.se does not really work

Lana

No sorry I don't. I was lucky to fall into a flat so haven't done any searching myself. Best thing to do is to search on expat sites and maybe classified sites. Sorry can't help you there.
All the best!
Jaén

There seems to be a huge lack of apartments in Stockholm.
I mean, people are standing in queues for years and it seems to be real luck to get one.
Thanks for support anyway.
When it comes to the language courses, I have also heard about konvux. (not sure if i spell it correct) but people seems to like it.
Hey, keep me updated with regards to the SFI & good luck with it.
take care
Lana

Hej!
Check also what offer the folkuniversitetet, price wise they are quite competitive and for sure professional.
You should find what fit for you....

folkuniversitetet.se/Soksida/?nh=15&q=hidden:*&qe=

Don't forget to test on line your level, so you know what you remember ;)
Ciao

[Moderated]

very nice link thank you Andy hope will be there :)

Phoenix_2010 wrote:

Hej!
Check also what offer the folkuniversitetet, price wise they are quite competitive and for sure professional.
You should find what fit for you....

folkuniversitetet.se/Soksida/?nh=15&q=hidden:*&qe=

Don't forget to test on line your level, so you know what you remember ;)
Ciao

I can agree that the courses at Folkuniversitet are good.

I studied there from April till September due to not having a personal number, and thus having no chance of studying with the SFI.

It cost around 4000 kronor per month for the 5 day a week courses but the numbers in the classes were small, around 8 or 9 max and it was the same people for the whole month.

Andy

FATI83 wrote:

very nice link thank you Andy hope will be there :)

you are welcome. Hope to see you on Sunday

meetup.com/intercambio