Questions for KHOBAR expats

hi everyone

I will be moving to Khobar within few weeks and of course all the mess of finding a place and buying a car will happen. my question is how difficult is it to get a loan to buy a car on 3-4 years instalments (i will be earning around 20K/ month), and when you do that, can you actually drive this car to bahrain or UAE although you dont have the full ownership (as in the car is mortgaged or leased by a bank and the payments are not yet fulfilled)? and for those who went the extra step and bought a property, how difficult was is to get a mortgage on it as i researched, only few banks finance expats and the majority only finance saudi nationals.

thanks

Nimo

Extremely easy, but some car agencies would ask for your bank account statement for the last three months. not all of them , only few.
Once you get the car you can drive it to any other GCC country Bahrain , UAE , QATAR , Oman  & Kuwait.

Hey Nimo,

Generally most banks or car dealers require you to be employed for a minimum of 3 months. You will probably have to provide them with 3 months bank statements and a letter from our employer specifying your job, employment and salary level. After you get this its pretty easy.

You may need to put down a good deposit to bring down the installments though.

As for driving in the GCC, all you need to do is get the bank to register the car for you which needs to be done every 3 months. This allows you to cross the border and party in Bahrain!!

Car is easy enough as others have said. On the house front I thought only Saudi's could own property in KSA?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

hamlay wrote:

Car is easy enough as others have said. On the house front I thought only Saudi's could own property in KSA?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong, you can own properties in KSA.

IQAMA, IQAMA, IQAMA !!! carry it and save it, like its ur heart