Any single mums relocated to Cyprus successfully?

Hello friends

I will keep it brief... I was married to my ex for less than 2 months, he left me 6 months pregnant wanting nothing to do with child so raised alone for 9 years. His absentee was given many chances to be involved but refused every time and never even met my child.

I am planning to relocate to Cyprus with my child. I have bought a really nice apartment near his school and close to lots of amenities.  I have done lots of research and all tick boxes for my child. The move is mainely for my child as my father will be selling his house soon so I will basically be homeless in uk.

As I have tried previously and failed approaching my ex and asking for him to sign a consent letter. I am now in talks with a solicitor who will send out a letter attaching a consent order to sign. I am really hoping he will sign 🙏 if not than it is a no show and will be stuck here in uk with no where to live. If he does sign than it will be forward onto court to hopefully be agreed and rubber stamped.

I was wondering if any one else has gone through this grinding situation.

Thank you

So sorry to hear of your predicament. All I can say is that I have lived a happy life as the child of a similar circumstance. All a child needs is one parent that truly cares and sounds like your child has that in you.

With regard to your situation. Are you saying you are married still or divorced? and you have purchased a new home for you and your child prior to obtaining the father's consent to the child's relocation to Cyprus?  Where in Cyprus is the new home to be?

@kyrikit bearing in mind how he treated you, did you actually put his name on the birth certificate?

@Drambuie

Hi Thank you so very much for your kind words 🙏

No we are not married. He annulled the marriage straight 5 months after the wedding which I.paid for lol He also wanted me to pay for his legal costs etc.. so not only did I pay for wedding He also wanted me yo pay for his legal costs 🙄 Above all leaving me a single parent.

I must have Mug written on my forhead! My solicitor sorted all out though so I pay for my legal fees and he pays for his.

I bought my property last year, when applying to schools they asked me if I had anything signed by the father as his name is on childs b.c. I sent them the Financial concent order outlining his comments stating he does not want to be involved with the upbringing of the child. Court see this and agreed but unfortunately this is not enough and need another concent order signed by him 😢

Thanks again X

@simoningram

Yes his name is on the b.c as we were married at the time of my sons birth. He has never even seen him. I did try in 2021 to see if he wanted to meet him as my son is asking questions but got shouted at by his mother that they don't want to know.  She even said that there wasn't even a wedding lol I took out my phone and showed her a family picture where she was posing with her late husbands 😂  She then said oh yes I remember something.