Retirement Visa

@Julien Hi! We are actively looking into moving to Panama! We are a family of 5,  my husband is 100% disabled Veteran and we are looking to use the retirement Visa to gain residency. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated as we are wanting out of the United States.  Thank you !

Hello Karen,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Panama forum so that members can guide you.

I would suggest that you read the Living in Panama guide for expats whilst waiting for their responses.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

I am seeking a pensionado visa for myself.  I have a lawyer in Panama City and sent documents to the Panamian Consulate in LA, after emailing them to get instructions.  The reply that I got from consulado was cryptic.  Quoting:

Before you send the documents, you need to have the social security letter notarized through a certification of document custodian. Then you can go ahead and send the documents following the instructions from our website:

panaconsul.net/authenticationofdocuments

end quote

When I had the social security letter notarized, I had the notary read the official instructions.  He told me to sign the social security letter and he made some note to verify that was my signature.  Apparently, I was missing a statement that said that I attested that the social security letter was valid, so the rejection occurred, although I'm guessing.

I replied to the email rejection from consulado requesting clarification and instruction on what to do next.  Did he send my documents back to me in the self-addressed, stamped envelope that I had included in my Fedex package?  Do I need to start over with a new FBI background check?  Do I need to just mail to him another copy of the social security letter with the statement that I think might be missing?  I received no responses from this.

Any suggestions?

Anuente a cualquier consulta.