Pensionado Income

I cannot seem to find clear information on the income for a Pensionado Visa.  The number I see is $1000.  However, is this for one person or two?  I am single and I am never clear when I am researching about retiring, whether they are referring to one person or a couple?!

General info I find is 1000 for one and 1250 for a married couple, sometimes I see the couple rate at 1300.

If I am current on this, the 1000 is for one, and it is 1400 for two. Check the Panama Embassy site. You need to prove the income is FOR LIFE and supply evidence of this.

It's 1,000. for one and 1,250. if you're married. It has to be a guaranteed income for life. If you are coming from the U.S. that is usually your Social Security. Or it can be a defined retirement plan. Such as a union retirement or Gov. retirement of something that guarantees you this income until the day you die. It will have to be certified with the Panamanian consulate in the U.S. The Social Security department will give you a letter that will be notarized to send to the consulate. You mush research pensionado program in panama. Hope this helps

$1000 plus $250 for each dependent. This is per month and must be for life.

Hello there, according to the Panama Law, the minimun price for a pensionado or retirado visa is $1500.00 for one person that include your partner. this price is fixed in the especial book for the minimun prices  hier in Panama. The name of the booki is "Normas que Regulan  el Ejercicio de la Abogacia". So is somebody is charging you $1000.00  for getting a retirado or pensionado visa, for yourself he is doing it for low prices, which is fine.   
Regards,

(Moderated: Please post in english on the english-speaking forum)

Hi

Below please find the requirements for the ‘pensionado' visa.
This permit may be requested by foreigners who receive retirement moneys or
retirement pension from either:
1. a foreign government,
2. an international organization or,
3. a private company,
and who enter into the territory of the Republic of Panama to settle in Panama.
The retirement moneys or pension must be for life and for a minimum amount of
USD 1,000.00 monthly, plus USD 250.00 for each dependent.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Keila Mulero

Savvy Link wrote:

Hi

Below please find the requirements for the pensionado visa.
This permit may be requested by foreigners who receive retirement moneys or
retirement pension from either:
1. a foreign government,
2. an international organization or,
3. a private company,
and who enter into the territory of the Republic of Panama to settle in Panama.
The retirement moneys or pension must be for life and for a minimum amount of
USD 1,000.00 monthly, plus USD 250.00 for each dependent.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Keila Mulero

How does one start the pensionado process - or is there a reference to follow.... Thanks

Hi -
You need to hire an attorney to present your application in Immigration. We offer those services.. Keila

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]