Panama’s Pensionado visa

If i have a Panama Pensionado visa can I work from Panama for a U.S internet company.

not legally and a pensianado visa is a retirement visa ,, would keep you from getting a job .. i have a cedula and the pensianado visa and still i would need a work permit to work legally

i back up ,, yes you can work for a us based internet company i was told today ,, i was told they pay you in a bank in the us not much they can do about it unless you apply for soc sec etc, here ..

Yes, you only need a work permit to do work inside Panama, remote work being a digital nomad is perfect. The pensionado visa if you are single requires $1000 USD/ month from social security or a pension. There are many other options if you can't meet that.
Please consider contacting me if you need a good honest company that can help you with the Pensionado or other visa programs.

Have a great day!
RP

We are looking for a good attorney in David who can help us get our Pensionado.  Would appreciate names and phone numbers please.  Also your experience in the process.  Thanks

***. Search the blog for “residency” for posts on our experience. He has many very happy clients

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or through the private messaging system to avoid any kind of advertising on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You can message me directly for Pensionado questions.

We are just looking for an attorney in David to get the process started. My email is ***

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Did you see my post above? Scroll up....

Please private message us directly your preferred contact.
Have a great day!

Hello,

My family and I are moving to Panama next month. I'm 100% total and permanent U.S. Air Force Veteran. I served 8 years. I'm interested in Panama's Pension Visa Program. I want to use my disability income to qualify however I'm not sure how I can obtain the documents with the verbiage they are requesting. Do you have any insight on this? Thanks in advance for your help.

That sounds like a question for a lawyer. There is a link 6 posts above.

If have an E-cedula is it hard to Panamanian citizenship?

With regards to the Pensionado  would it work for me and a long term girlfriend?   Thanks

You would have to apply separately if you aren't married. Panama doesn't recognize girlfriend or common law relationships.

Thanks very much

The pretty young lady whose reply is before mine May be correct. However, the United States DOES recognize that as a common law marriage. You could perhaps retain documentation stating as much. I don't know all your specifics, but I would imagine that she IS your legal spouse and verification of this should be accepted. Worth a try.

Since all paperwork has to be translated into Spanish by a certified Panamanian translator, your lawyer will handle the wording about which you are concerned. At least mine included that task in his overall fee.

Well thank you :)  But I'm only young and pretty at heart these days.
I've seen discussions in other forums that say only legal, traditional marriage is recognized, but this is a question for a lawyer who works with immigration so you can get a definitive answer. I know we had to provide our marriage certificate (certified and apostled) as part of our documentation.

Hi
When you say certified and apostled what does that mean exactly? 
many thanks
Paul

Certified means it's an official document, with the seal, stamp or official notation from the state (not a copy made on your printer) Apostilled is like notarized, but for international business.

Hi Kristc
So would all this be done with the lawyer?  I was thinking I was married in South Africa I have a certificate would that be enough for the process?

Oh! I'm not sure how things from SA work. In the US you need a certified copy of your marriage certificate, and then get that apostilled by the Dept of State in the state that issued it. I imagine it's similar in SA but certainly ask your lawyer for the correct information.

oh ok thanks very much