Pensionado visa and relocating to Panama

Hello,
Just joined this group. We were thinking of retiring to Panama, but now they have raised the amount of pension to 1000.00 from 500.00 dollars. I am eligible for my early Social Security retirement which is under the 1000.00. Is there any exceptions to the rule so my wife and I could get into the pension-ado program.

Thanks for the post about the raise in retirement income requirements. Panama is going to lose a lot of American retirees who can no longer afford to live in the US. Is that 1,000 dollars for one person or two. Thank You  Sheila

FOREIGN BUSINESS IS A MOST IN PANAMANIAN INTERNAL ECONOMY

Currently, the major trend is to welcome foreigners as retired residents or as major investors.

This is the reason why the law in Panama has a lot of advantages for foreigners who select this

destination to develop their business.  For example, almost every important resort in the

country, including Beach Area, is owned by or was conceived by a foreign entity, some in a joint

venture with Panamanian companies. The country officially welcomes those from abroad. Indeed,

legislation and policy make it possible, though not automatic to achieve the desired status.

Do you want business in Panama? Contact me:

[no free ads]

Can you become a Panamanian Resident and keep your US citizenship?