Denied Reason: please provide a detailed address in Vietnam

Will definitely try this out Aiden and share an update.

Once again... its really appreciative of you to be doing what you are doing.

Will definitely try this out Aiden and share an update.
Once again... its really appreciative of you to be doing what you are doing.
        -@abmish13

You are very welcome. My pleasure, sir.

An update from you would be great! Also, if/when you have the time, a report detailing your experiences/impressions here in VN would be greatly appreciated. (Link)

Feel free to jump into one of our other ongoing threads, or open a new topic of your own for discussion, here.

Hope to hear good news from you soon.

Hi Aidan,

My mother's visa got denied twice for same reason:

Application status: Amending

Denied Reason: PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED ADDRESS IN VIETNAM

This is the "Information about the trip section"

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * Bong Sen Hotel Saigon, 117 – 123 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

City/Province * HO CHI MINH City (from drop down)

Phone number (in Vietnam) (84-28) 38291516

Can you help out here?

thank you,

Azhar

Hi Aidan,
My mother's visa got denied twice for same reason:

Application status: Amending
Denied Reason: PLEASE PROVIDE A DETAILED ADDRESS IN VIETNAM

This is the "Information about the trip section"

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * Bong Sen Hotel Saigon, 117 – 123 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
City/Province * HO CHI MINH City (from drop down)
Phone number (in Vietnam) (84-28) 38291516

Can you help out here?

thank you,
Azhar
        -@unsupak88

Hi there. Looks like the hotel (and many other of the hotels) didn't include the ward name in their address.

Try resubmitting, as so...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam *= Bong Sen Hotel Saigon, 117 – 123 Dong Khoi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1     (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province *= HO CHI MINH City (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam)= 082838291516(optional, but recommended)

I'm hoping this will clear your mother's application for approval, but if not please do not hesitate to write us back. We'll do our best to get you through this.

Frustrating? You bet!

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Hi There!

We are hoping to travel to Vietnam for a short stay during the last week of March, but our visa application came back with

"Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam".

The address we used was

Convinia Luxury The Peak Midtown

Condo Hotel

35 Đường số 16, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

with the phone number +84 933 100 462

and the booked dates.

I can't figure out why it keeps telling me to provide a detailed address, when there's no more details I can give.

Hi There!We are hoping to travel to Vietnam for a short stay during the last week of March, but our visa application came back with"Please provide a detailed address in Vietnam". The address we used was Convinia Luxury The Peak Midtown Condo Hotel 35 Đường số 16, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with the phone number +84 933 100 462 and the booked dates.I can't figure out why it keeps telling me to provide a detailed address, when there's no more details I can give.       -@sasanijay

Hi sasanijay, and welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for addressing this directly to the forum.

This is again, I believe, a case where the hotel has neglected to include its ward's name.

Try this, please.

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Convinia Luxury The Peak Midtown Condo Hotel, 35 Đường số 16, KDC Nam Viên, P, Quận 7   (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province * = HO CHI MINH City (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 0933 100 462  (optional, but recommended)

Make sure you input this in the Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam, not in the Name of hosting organisation (sic) line. Leave that line blank. That is a common error.

We'd love to hear back from you as to the results of your amended application, as well as your impressions/experiences in Vietnam once you've arrived. If, for any reason, your application is denied yet again, please don't hesitate to write us back. We'll get you through this.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com.

hi ours also kept getting rejected for hotel address.

below is our hotel address

Hanoi Fiesta Grand Hotel and Spa,

65 Hang Be, Hoan Kiem, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi

our flight is on 8th and mine and my daughters application rejected two times and now under process. they update with same reason after 3 days.

what we can do now we dont have much time. is there any way that third party agents can help? they are asking so much $$😭

ours keeps getting rejected due to hotel address details. below is our hotel as per booking

Hanoi Fiesta Grand Hotel and Spa

i have amended my daughter with below google address now

65 P. Hàng Bè, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

our flight is on 8th. i am super anxious now that it will get rejected again and they take 3 working days to reply orr process .

do any third party agents can help to get visa? they are asking so much $$😵😵

our flight is on 8th. i am super anxious now that it will get rejected again and they take 3 working days to reply orr process .

-@mehtanidhi89

Better to pay more money for a valid visa than it is to save money on a rejected application.

Send me a private message and I'll give you contact information for a trustworthy visa agent in Hanoi.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

Your address changes worked! thanks!

Azhar

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi Aidan,

Your address changes worked! thanks!

Azhar

-@unsupak88

GREAT NEWS! And thank you for reporting back to the forum of your mom's application approval :)

Very, very much appreciated.

Once here, we'd love to hear reports from you of your experiences/impressions of Vietnam.

Feel free to jump in to one of our other ongoing threads, or to open a new topic of your own for discussion. Lot's of friendly folk here at expat.com.

Again, very happy the amendment worked.

ours keeps getting rejected due to hotel address details. below is our hotel as per booking
i have amended my daughter with below google address now
65 P. Hàng Bè, Hàng Bạc, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam

-@mehtanidhi89

Hi there mehtanidhi89, and welcome to expat.com.

Good stuff! I do believe you have now made the correct amendments to the hotel's address 1f44d.svg

Provided you input the information into the correct information panels on the eVisa application page, you should expect a response from immigration by Mar4th, at the latest. If you have not received a favourable response by that date, reach out to our member OceanBeach92107  for a referral to his trusted agent who's services are used by some of our expat.com members.

Mar8th is rapidly approaching.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

(I'm quite hopeful the amended application will now be approved)

(as you've already resubmitted the application with amendment(s), it would not surprise me to learn that you receive a response by Friday, the 1st)

mine is still pending with old address . that was submitted on last friday morning . still processing. i was waiting all day yday to amend it . now i dont think there is any hope. 😭

my daughters we updated yesterday with new change. but mine is still stuck. we didnt came across this page before and kept applying again with address given in booking website.

@mehtanidhi89

Try not to fret too much. Give it just a couple of more days. We understand how frustrating this is.

I am curious as to the timeline of both you and your daughter's applications. A couple of questions please, if I may.

Did you submit/pay for both you and your daughter's initial application on the same day?

You mentioned that both applications "...keep getting rejected...". What was the date of the first application(s)?

How many "Denied" (not, rejected) notices have you received?

I ask because we have seen scenarios where two applicants submit their applications/pay for their eVisas on the same day, providing identical information on each of the applications regarding their intended place of residence in Vietnam, yet one applicant gets their eVisa approved while the other's application receives a "Denied. Please provide a detailed address..." notice from immigration.

That your application is still showing as "Processing" may not be a bad thing. Mentioned in previous posts is that it appears that some of the immigration officers reviewing the applications insist on precise details ("sticklers for detail", I called them), while other officers are applying a little more charity  when reviewing a foreigner's application.

Try not to stress too much. We'll get you through this.

@Aidan in HCMC

hey aidan thank you so much just read your msg now.

I got mine approved today afternoon.

Husb applied mine and daughters on 14/2 rejected first on 19/2 and again on 22/02 then again for daughter on 27/2 .  Husband didnt bither to search on reddit or internet why and what they are asking in details in address.

now i have sent mail also with detailed address and request to approve her visa .

as per 3 working day it should come by friday otherwise i will be again in anxiety spiral🫠🫠.

i so wish i had  ask husb the details on first rejction 🙆‍♀️😰😰😰. He didnt thought much .

@Aidan in HCMChey aidan thank you so much just read your msg now.  I got mine approved today afternoon.

Good news, and very happy to hear it!

Husb applied mine and daughters on 14/2 rejected first on 19/2 and again on 22/02 then again for daughter on 27/2 .  Husband didnt bither to search on reddit or internet why and what they are asking in details in address.

What's a "reddit"? ;):)

Those dates sound like Vietnam immigration are now back on track for their 3-day response/turnaround time, after the Tet Holiday (lunar new year) flood of applications. Thank you very much for that information.

now i have sent mail also with detailed address and request to approve her visa .

I do hope that when you say you've "sent mail" that you mean you've resubmitted your daughter's application with the amended hotel address. Of the many, many members (hundreds?) who've emailed Vietnam immigration, not a single member has reported ever receiving a reply. None. Ever.

as per 3 working day it should come by friday otherwise i will be again in anxiety spiral🫠🫠.

No need to get stressed. We are happy to help you through this.

i so wish i had  ask husb the details on first rejction 🙆‍♀️😰😰😰. He didnt thought much .      -@mehtanidhi89

I can assure you that all of the current, former, and future husbands are very well used to being reminded of that LOL!

Okay, just a couple more sleeps and you should then be in possession of your daughter's eVisa.

aah.. yes i have submitted with proper address - hope they find it proper lol🤪

and emailed also to support email.

fingers crossed.

last few days were stressfull with 3 year old toddler and this.

fingers crossed it get approved friday so i can do packing in peace on weekends.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aidan,

Changed the details and copied and pasted your suggestions.

But just got an email from immigration with the same message

Denied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam

1f629.svg

Any more suggestions?

aah.. yes i have submitted with proper address - hope they find it proper lol🤪
and emailed also to support email.
fingers crossed.
last few days were stressfull with 3 year old toddler and this.

fingers crossed it get approved friday so i can do packing in peace on weekends.

-@mehtanidhi89

Is, by chance, your 3 year old toddler the daughter who will be travelling to Vietnam with you?

If so, did you notice this on the application form?...

under-14.png

If the toddler is the daughter travelling with you, I'll assume she has been issued her own "minor's passport", otherwise you'd not have been able to proceed through the application process.

For casual readers of the forum, details regarding juvenile travellers to Vietnam can be found here (Link to lawnet.vn).

I'd just given the above link a cursory look-over, and I do see that the eVisa application states "...included in your passport...", but if the daughter travelling with you is the 3 year old you mentioned, she might have been able to travel under your eVisa.

From the link, see...

"Thus, children under 14 years of age are granted a visa to share a passport with their parents or guardians in Vietnam in accordance with the above provisions."

That lawnet.vn link might make an interesting read for you and other parents of young children.

Mind you, I've no idea whatsoever as to restrictions which might be placed by immigration security/exit officers in your home country, the airline's own internal policies, international minor's travel laws, and on and on.

Having one's own passport (if permissible), and one's own eVisa is, in my opinion, preferable.

Hoping to hear good news back from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aidan, Changed the details and copied and pasted your suggestions. But just got an email from immigration with the same messageDenied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam1f629.svgAny more suggestions?       -@sasanijay

So sorry to hear this. It's very good you've had the foresight to get this eVisa application underway long before your intended arrival date. Lots of time to fix this up.

Give me 10 minutes to do a little investigating and I'll get right back to you.

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aidan, Changed the details and copied and pasted your suggestions. But just got an email from immigration with the same messageDenied Reason: Please provide a detailed address in VietNam1f629.svgAny more suggestions?        -@sasanijay

Okay then, on your behalf I telephoned the hotel in Saigon.

I have no idea, none at all, why many of the hotels in VN seem to intentionally complicate their address. I even asked the receptionist why his hotel would include "KDC Nam Viên" in its online search results address. Incidentally, "KDC Nam Viên" translates as KDC Industrial Park. I'm assuming it is meant to attract investors interested in viewing the area. Frustrating.

Not being anywhere near fluent in Vietnamese, I must also accept some responsibility for steering you wrong. My sincere apologies.

So, straight from the horse's mouth, as we say, the (supposedly!) correct address should be entered (but this time in English) as...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Convinia Luxury The Peak Midtown Condo Hotel, No.35 Street 16, Tan Phong Ward, District 7   (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province * = HO CHI MINH City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 0933 100 462  (optional, but recommended)

Please resubmit the amended application (again), and this time fingers are crossed on both hands. Do let us know as soon as you hear back from immigration. It will be very much appreciated.

Hope to hear back soon the good news of the application being accepted.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you so much for the effort! I was beginning to think that I might have to find alternative arrangements for the holiday. Just submitted the application. Fingers crossed. Will let you know! Thanks again!

@aidan

Daughter has her own passport.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi. My daughters visa got approved yesterday.

yay finally.

@OceanBeach92107

We got all visas. thank you for providing details. will save them if we need them in future.

thanks again

@Aidan in HCMC
Hi. My daughters visa got approved yesterday.
yay finally.

-@mehtanidhi89

Excellent news, and thank you for letting us know it all worked out! :)

All smooth sailing from here on in.

Don't forget to post to the forum your impressions/experiences while you're in the country, jump in to one of our other discussions, or open a new topic of your own for discussion.

So glad it all went well, and hope to hear from you again soon.

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential address. My visa was denied twice because of  a detailed address in Vietnam.My given address was: Jan Hostel Central Point,100/25/2 Đường Trần Hưng Đạo, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam        -@azmallabib

Hi azmallabib. Welcome to expat.com.

Thank you for your PM to me, and thank you for addressing your question directly to the forum.

A recurring theme among Vietnam hotels is their not entering their full address. Extremely frustrating. In your instance, as with most others, the name of the hotel's ward is missing (Pham Ngu Lao Ward).

Please input the following in your next application amendment, in English...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Jan Hostel Central Point,100/25/2 Duong Tran Hung Dao, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1   (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province * = HO CHI MINH City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 093 752 86 89  (optional, but recommended)

Please report back to the forum the result of your re-submission. We'd very much appreciate it.

Once again, welcome aboard expat.com. Hope to hear back from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi Aiden im sorry to tag you i need you help please i applied for visa this is second time i got denied Beacuse of the hotel address can you help me please my flight is next 2 weeks

the hotel im planing to stay is Ha Noi Memory central hotel & Spa

the hotel address on Google is ( 52 P. Mã Mây, Old Quarter, Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam, 100000. Inside city center)

Appreciate your help

@Aidan in HCMCHi Aiden im sorry to tag you i need you help please i applied for visa this is second time i got denied Beacuse of the hotel address can you help me please my flight is next 2 weeks

Hello Salwaatouama, and welcome to the forum. No need for an apology, you're in the thread dedicated to the very issue you're experiencing. Happy to help you.

the hotel im planing to stay is Ha Noi Memory central hotel & Spa the hotel address on Google is ( 52 P. Mã Mây, Old Quarter, Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam, 100000. Inside city center) Appreciate your help        -@Salwaatouama

Where you say that you "...applied for visa this is second time i got denied...", I'm hoping that you mean that you are being offered by immigration the option of "amending" your initial application, and not submitting/paying for a new application each time. That could become quite expensive!

It looks as though the hotel, as many others before it in this thread, has not provided its correct address, and in this instance nor its actual registered business name. It appears that they have flowered/fluffed up both, first by including "Ha Noi" in its name, secondly by adding the quaint sounding but not officially recognized "Old Quarter" to its business address, thirdly by neglecting to include its district, and finally by including "Hanoi" where its ward name should be. Sigh. Without doubt, extremely frustrating for eVisa applicants.

Here is what I suggest you enter when submitting your now 2nd (3rd?) amendment, in English...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = Memory Premier Hotel & Spa, 52 Ma May Street, Hang Buom District, Hoan Kiem Ward   (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province *= HA NOI City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 0374 259 638  (optional, but recommended)

I believe submitting the information like this will result in your eVisa application being approved (finally!). If not, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Upon receipt of your approved eVisa, we'd very much appreciate hearing back from you of the good news.

Again, welcome aboard. Nice to have you with us.

Hello,

Same issue.

Denied Reason: please provide a detailed address in Vietnam

I put address as:

Hanoi Fantasea Hotel,  78b Hang Non Street, Hanoi

Thank you, in advance for your advice.

Hello,I am having the same issue:Denied Reason: Please fill details information on residential address in Viet NamI entered the address as:Hanoi Fantasea Hotel, 78b Hang Non Street, Hanoi, Vietnam        -@tbpiercy

Hey there, long-time member tbpiercy.

Your hotel, as had many other hotels in VN, neglected to include both its district and its ward.

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = 78 Hang Non Street, Cua Dong District, Hoan Kiem Ward  (include nothing else in this line.Note; no "b" after #78 street number)

City/Province * = HA NOI City  (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam) = 024 3938 0528  (optional, but recommended)

I'm confident your amending with this additional information will be accepted by immigration.

Make sure you input this in the Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam, not in the Name of hosting organisation (sic) line. That is a common error. Leave the "hosting org." line blank.

Please let us know of the results.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks!

I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Tom

Hello @Aidan in HCMC

I got the same problem with e-visa residential address.

The address I entered was, "The Noble Swan Saigon 229 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam "

Could you please help me to enter the correct address.

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential address.The address I entered was, "The Noble Swan Saigon 229 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam "Could you please help me to enter the correct address.        -@dinushamadusanka777

Hello dinushamadusanka777. Welcome to the forum. Sorry for my late reply to you.

I see nothing wrong with the address you've provided. Are you sure you input the information on the correct lines in the eVisa application? Try copy/pasting  the following to your amendment. There are slight differences from what you'd already submitted, but perhaps enough to get your application accepted.

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = The Noble Swan Hotel, 229 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1  (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province *= HO CHI MINH City   (from drop-down box)

Phone number (in Vietnam)028 3827 5990  (optional, but recommended)

Hopefully this will be acceptable to the reviewing immigration officer.

Please let the forum know the results of your amended application. If denied again, we'll do our best to help you get your application approved.

Hello @Aidan in HCMCI got the same problem with e-visa residential address.The address I entered was, "The Noble Swan Saigon 229 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam "Could you please help me to enter the correct address.        -@dinushamadusanka777
Hello dinushamadusanka777. Welcome to the forum. Sorry for my late reply to you.

I see nothing wrong with the address you've provided. Are you sure you input the information on the correct lines in the eVisa application? Try copy/pasting  the following to your amendment. There are slight differences from what you'd already submitted, but perhaps enough to get your application accepted.

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = The Noble Swan Hotel, 229 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1  (include nothing else in this line)
City/Province *= HO CHI MINH City   (from drop-down box)
Phone number (in Vietnam) =  028 3827 5990  (optional, but recommended)

Hopefully this will be acceptable to the reviewing immigration officer.

Please let the forum know the results of your amended application. If denied again, we'll do our best to help you get your application approved.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Good advice as always.

If that doesn't work, perhaps delete the words "The" and "Spa":

Just:

Nobel Swan Hotel

Hi Im looking for advice I applied for an e-visa  to enter Vietnam but yesterday received an email saying it had been denied.

It said "Please fill details information on residential address in Viet Nam"

The address I put on my application was from my booking reservation.

"Vinh Hung Riverside Resort & Spa 111Ngo Quyen, Minh An, Hoi An Vietnam" with Da nang being the provence.

Can anyone help please!!

Hi Im looking for advice I applied for an e-visa  to enter Vietnam but yesterday received an email saying it had been denied.It said "Please fill details information on residential address in Viet Nam"The address I put on my application was from my booking reservation."Vinh Hung Riverside Resort & Spa 111Ngo Quyen, Minh An, Hoi An Vietnam" with Da nang being the provence.Can anyone help please!!        -@rgdepadova

Hello rgdepadova, and welcome to expat.com.

Thank you for writing me, and yes, agreed on the eVisa application being "problematic". Applications appear to be receiving varying degrees of scrutiny, as you have probably noticed from preceding posts of this thread from fellow expat.com members.

When amending your application, please input (copy/paste) the following...

Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = 111 Ngo Quyen Road, Minh An Ward, Hoi An District  (include nothing else in this line)

City/Province * = QUANG NAM   (from drop-down box.  note; not DA NANG)

Phone number (in Vietnam)0235 3864 074  (optional, but recommended)

I'm confident this will be accepted by the immigration officer reviewing your application, but if not please do not hesitate to reach out to us again. We'll do our best to get your application approved. When your approved eVisa is received, we'd certainly appreciate hearing back of your success!

Once again, welcome to the forum, and hope to hear back from you again soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you very much for the information you have provided will give it a go and will let you know how I went on.

Most appreciated

Rob

Hi Im looking for advice I applied for an e-visa  to enter Vietnam but yesterday received an email saying it had been denied.It said "Please fill details information on residential address in Viet Nam"The address I put on my application was from my booking reservation."Vinh Hung Riverside Resort & Spa 111Ngo Quyen, Minh An, Hoi An Vietnam" with Da nang being the provence.Can anyone help please!!        -@rgdepadova

When amending your application, please input (copy/paste) the following...
Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam * = 111 Ngo Quyen Road, Minh An Ward, Hoi An District  (include nothing else in this line)
City/Province * = QUANG NAM   (from drop-down box.  note; not DA NANG
Phone number (in Vietnam) =  0235 3864 074  (optional, but recommended)

-@Aidan in HCMC

Exactly.

It's a common mistake/misconception for those traveling to the Huế/Đà Nẵng/Hội An region in central Việt Nam.

Đà Nẵng is a city with special provincial status, totally separated from Hội An; a city in Quảng Nam province (to the south and east) and the city of Huế; in Thừa Thiên Huế province (to the north)

The differences in local governments became glaringly apparent in this region when I was living there in 2020 during the pandemic.

Quảng Nam was always the first province to relax lockdown restrictions while Đà Nẵng adopted a more restrictive conservative response and Huế had longer lockdowns and became virtually isolated from other areas long after the free flow of commerce was resumed in Đà Nẵng & Quảng Nam.