Window glazing problem

Just a word of warning about glazing ,  when i got my new villa it came with triple glazing which on the face of it sounded marvelous, however the glass is so heavy that all the door hinges bent to the point that the doors would not latch properly and one year the door which luckily is out of site had sprung part open about 12 inches, also they started to blow the vacuum as water got in.  needless to say the builder was not interested :(   so i changed all the windows to double glazed and had all the hinges fixed so problem solved.

Just though a heads up about this for anyone who may be tempted!

I've heard similar stories so just went for double glazed windows and doors.

To be honest we don't spend time in  Byala in the winter as it all shuts down .. not one restaurant open .. Obzor down the road has restaurants open ..  when the door opened we had not been there for 6 months so we were very lucky ..  we were going to go down this November but my retirement visa has turned into a nightmare an now got to get another acro check  done due to delays with my company pension  and the letter for the visa/residence permit.  They didn't sign it ! Had to reverse the process and get it  notorised which is quite difficult in our area coz there aren't any .. oh well visa or no visa we are going ski in borovets  for 3 months in January :)  weather in UK miserable .. an we live in the warmest part ...   Looks like Bulgaria has been quite nice through the autumn

@philip Mckay

Your post is off topic.

Hello everyone,

@ Philip MCKay and McKayPhil, are you the same ?

Do you have 2 profiles on the website ?

Regards

Bhavna

I don't think it's off-topic as many of us are likely to be renovating houses as part of our expat experience. That problem with triple glazing is good to be aware of.