Cheap/free bits-and-bobs....

Hi

I'm moving flat for a short while but in the new flat the previous tenants took most of the basics such as plates, cutlery, pots pans... etc without the landlords permission. I'm not staying there long so was wondering if Budapest has some place where I can buy second hand kitchen and household stuff...

Or alternatively if anyone is in the middle of a 'Spring clean' or packing up to leave Budapest let me know and I'll take a few bits-and-bobs off your hands.

Zabz

Hi Zabz!

Maybe you could post an advert in the Buy & Sell section of Budapest classifieds.
It might be helpful!

Regards
Armand

HI,
You could go to the  Ecseri Flea market.  They have things like that also at good prices or if all else fails go to the euro stores, similar to the dollar stores in North America.
Ildi

There is also this FB group facebook.com/groups/119832224696747/

it is called used stuff for sale in Budapest and mainly medical/vet students that are leaving and have stuff to sell

Do people do garage sales or car boot sales over here?

Will check out the fleemarket and maybe post this info on the FB stuff for sale

Thanx

Z

I have not seen any garage sales or boot sales. I think it is just flea markets. Also here they tend to have Lombtalonas not sure if that is how it is spelled. Where once or twice a year each district has a day when whatever you dont want you place on the street. Right now it is district 2. So when you travel through district 2 this week you will see all kinds of stuff on the streets. This seems to solve the problems of what to do with stuff you dont want. People drive around and pick up what they want and then at the end the city comes with a truck and picks up what is left to take to the dump. you can also try www.craigslist.org. just check Budapest for the city and you can see what is offered for sale and perhaps place your own asking.