Residence Card /Lakcim Kartya

Can an American citizen who owns his own property in Budapest under his own name receive a a Hungarian Residence Card?

Sorry, you probably need to get the right answer from immigration.
I am both the wife and mother of HU /US citizens.
I am an American citizen only.
I had one heck ot a time getting a resident permit to stay in HU about 12 years back.
We had a flat, income from the US  plus my husband was a HU citizen. I was sent out a notice to leave HU within 90 days even though I was going through the process of getting a resident permit.
It is complicated and every case is treated differntly.
As far as I know just owning property as a US citizen is not enough to get a permit to stay.
Good luck.

I am going into the Immigration place on Monday and present my ownership documents where I rightfully and legally reside.
Thanks very-very much!
Regards,
Robert B.

The question is whether you're staying in the country legally, owning property alone will not grant you a long-stay visa.

I was born and raised in Hungary although a United States Citizen for 22 years. I'll see what I can do at the Immigration Office. The property was gifted to me from my beloved Mother (have the original document in my possession) also a document of Ownership for which I have a legal document as well. According to the Hungarian Land Registry, I am the sole owner of the property. I do live in my property. Thank you very much.
Sincerely, R.B.