Birth Certificate family name Addition

Dear All,

I was born in Bahrain in 84, unfortunately only my family name is not entered in the Birth Records in Bahrain.

How can i get my name added to the Birth Certificate . What is the process and the cost involved.

Note:- My older Siblings birth records have our family name in the Bahrain Birth Register correctly.

This is likely to be a long and complicated process which will require multiple visits to Bahrain.

But as far as I know, from my experience, even today, the hospital only enters the first name in the notification.  On the basis of this notification, the birth record is created.

@ XTang, many thanks for your reply. I do understand the hospital only enters "Given Name".

Ideally this should have been all the names along with the family name.  Not sure if at that time there was a limitation in entering names.

Like i mentioned previously my elder siblings have the family name included in the "Given Name".

Would you know of any person / firm who can help with this matter? Multiple Visits can be made to Bahrain.

Have a good day.

Well you can try contacting lawyers for this.