Former expat back in Lille

Hi everyone,

I just came back from a 5 years expatriation in China and just settled back in my hometown, Lille.

I have to say that i'm missing an international community and would like to meet expats living or just passing by the city.

So if you want to go for a drink, meet some new people, eat some sushis, watch a movie or anything else, don't hesitate to contact me! :)

Cheers,

Nico

Hi Nico and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts soon.

How is the return, apart form missing International community?

Harmonie.:)

Hi Nico

Welcome to Lille ! Good choice it's a really great city.

You can join our meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/anglophile-71/

We meet up regularly to have a chat and a drink. We also organise events like a bike ride, or a walk.

There's also a "café polyglotte" every Wednesday evening in Café de Paris, rue de Paris (near the opera in the centre of Lille), where you can speak many different languages and meet foreigners. Usually there are lots of Chinese students who go there to speak French, they would be delighted to meet a French guy who speaks Chinese !

See you soon for a drink then !!:)

Hi Harmonie and Kris!

Thanks for the kind messages.

Being back in France is kind of strange... Being raised with both asian and French culture (i m mixed French-vietnamese), and with those 5 years in China, i feel a little bit like an expatriate in here, and not like someone coming back home!

I already signed up to the Meetup group, i ll definitely try to come to one of your events.

And thanks for the tip concerning the "Café Polyglotte", i ll go there and would be glad to be able to chitchat a little in chinese (my chinese is kind of rusty...)

See you around!

Hi Nico

See you soon then !! I'll show you some excellent Belgium beers.

To speak Chinese, wait until november, they should arrive soon.

See you