I'm going to Lille soon... looking for some friends :)

Hello, I'm going to live to Lille soon, all alone. I have no friends or family there, so I inscribed in this website to see if I can meet some people from Lille here. It would be nice to make some friends in Lille before arriving. Is horrible to be in a new city all alone :(

I really hope to meet someone from Lille here. Thank you.

Chris.

Hi,

The Lille expat network may help ;)

Oh, thank you. I tried that already, but no answer yet. Hopefully soon.

Chris.

Hi Chris
We have a meetup group for foreigners who want to meet people in Lille and speak French. Here is the address: Lille French Club
You're more than welcome to join.
See you there
Bye for now

Bonjour Chris!

I am going to be in Lille in about 2 weeks! I would love to get to know more people too! I would especially love some company to go around town for le Braderie!

Feel free to email me!

-Ashley

P.S. Just in case you were curious: I am a student from the States doing an exchange program for the year at the Universite catholique de Lille.

Hi Chris and Ashley ;)!
I am living in Lille at the moment but will move back to the States soon so you can contact me if you are interested!

Have a great day,

Remy

Hi ! I m a french girl living in Lille, would love to meet english speakers ! call me on 0670820907 if you want a chat or meet up in lille, is s.o going to la braderie ?

hi I am Ramanivas an Indian have arrived in Lille yesterday. i am also alone and need a company to to travel.

Welcome to all new members in this discussion :)
Do not hesitate to share your experience of expatriation in the forum :D

Hi all, i will be arriving to lille soon also, would like to meet english speaking friends.

Hi there

Good to see that new people are coming to Lille.

If you want to socialize and make new friends, you can join the meetup.com/anglophile-71/]Lille Anglophile meetup group.

It's a very nice and friendly group for French and foreigners, anybody can subscribe. The official language is English. It's a good start for any newcomer in Lille who's looking for friends or even help.

We organise events and meetups on a regular basis

Feel free to join or contact me. I'm always happy to help

Hello,

Organising an Expat.com meet up would be great idea as well! ;)