Looking to meet English speakers in Lille

Hi all,

My name is Amber and I'm from Lille, but left France in 2007 for the country of my dreams, the US! I've managed to stay until February 2013 when my visa forced me to leave. I studied and gained my first professional experiences in the US. As weird as it sounds, I'm more used to the American system than the French one (I was a kid when I left France!), so adjusting to living here isn't always that easy.

I'd like to rebuild a social life with like-minded people, from different backgrounds, and also I'd like to meet Americans because I really miss the US.

Please feel free to message me.

Thanks for reading me,
Amber

Welcome to Expat.com Amber!;)

Harmonie.

thanks!

Hi amber!

I'm an American from Miami and Boston ( went to school there for 7 years). I just moved to lille for the next few months to spend time with my french boyfriend before we relocate to NYC. I  am also looking for friends, and to hopefully improve my french ;-). Let me know if you'd like to meet up!

Jody

Hi Jody, nice to meet you. I'm going to write you through private messages :)

Hi Amber & Jody! I am from NYC and moved to the north of France 4 years ago. It is hard to make friends here and I always enjoy speaking in english, If you guys would ever like to meet :)

Hey everyone! Ah it's so good to hear that there are some American's, and english speakers in Lille. I've been here since the middle of March to live with my girl friend and it's been a lot harder than I thought finding friends. It would be awesome to speak some english and work on my french. If any of you want to meet up for a beer or some coffee ever let me know, I would be happy to meet you :)

Hi!
I'm italian but I studied english at university!
I'm here as au pair (in Bruille-lez-Marchiennes that is a very very very very little village),I don't know anyone here :) maybe you can help me to know the city and to train my English too :P

let me know if you are interested, I'll send my contact of  Skype or my french number.

Marta

Hey! I'm in Verlinghem and have to drive to Lille every day. I'm working as an au pair for three children, and I know absolutely no one out here! I would love to make some new friends and speak English for a little bit. Let me know if you want to meet up some time! :)

Hi,

I work at Lille and live about 30 min driving from Lille. I'm French and I'd like to meet new people and speak in English.
If you're interested feel free to message me.

Hi Martuz87,

How are you ?
I am Charlotte, I am French and I am from Lille.
I am currently learning italian.

If you wanna meet people and speak english, you can come to Franglish. You will meet french and english people. It's really nice.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me !

See you !

Hi there i am Chris from Cameroon.I am Balingual that is i speek both english and french. Nice meeting you.

I hope this thread is still active  :unsure - just moved to Lille. Just checking in to see if anyone's around for a quick meetup  :cheers: and a crash course in living in Lille.  :)

Have a good one guys!