More to a create a new topic (Pensions and taxes)

I recently found the Health section on my IPhone; I was surprised at how much information it gathers passively just as I walk and sleep; this, together with my BP app and cal counting app have been very useful. I may get the Apple watch next as I'm due an upgrade.
-@Cynic

By default, my Samung decided it would butt in and tells me how much I'm using my phone.  It also monitored where I went and how long it took me.  Google maps also presumes I'm in certain places and asks me to give reviews.

I've disabled all that.   They should mind  their own business!

They see you when you're sleeping.

They know when you're awake.

They know if you've been bad or good.

So be good for goodness' sake.

Oh, you better watch out . . .

They see you when you're sleeping.
They know when you're awake.

They know if you've been bad or good.

So be good for goodness' sake.

Oh, you better watch out . . .
-@zif

Is that Facebook's mission statement?

Or from the Chinese Communist Party/Putin Government/any autocrat government training/operations manual?

It's from their theme song of course, "they" changing to "we."

But it's an old song, originally written in the 1930s for J. Edgar Hoover.

I recently found the Health section on my IPhone; I was surprised at how much information it gathers passively just as I walk and sleep; this, together with my BP app and cal counting app have been very useful. I may get the Apple watch next as I'm due an upgrade.
-@Cynic

By default, my Samung decided it would butt in and tells me how much I'm using my phone. It also monitored where I went and how long it took me. Google maps also presumes I'm in certain places and asks me to give reviews.

I've disabled all that.  They should mind their own business!
-@fluffy2560

My iPhone does that; I get a weekly screen report which I don't pay any attention to.  The only things I've done to our phones is to change the settings so we only get calls from people on my contact list and I disabled all the app refresh - now they only refresh when I use them - one significant benefit is our phone batteries now last for ages.

When we upgraded our glazing and heating, we installed the Nest device and app; one useful thing is when you go out of the house, it turns the heating down automatically and it comes back on when you come back home.  Our heating hasn't been on since May, it's in ECO mode, and our gas usage has dropped to 65 kWh p/month compared to our peers who have used 193 kWh over the same period (according to the information shared by our supplier) and our NEST device).  So something to help us pay less tax (5% VAT on domestic gas) and boost our pension income.  We only use gas at the moment to heat hot water; we'll have to see how well the upgrades cope with winter temps,

When we upgraded our glazing and heating, we installed the Nest device and app; one useful thing is when you go out of the house, it turns the heating down automatically and it comes back on when you come back home. Our heating hasn't been on since May, it's in ECO mode, and our gas usage has dropped to 65 kWh p/month compared to our peers who have used 193 kWh over the same period (according to the information shared by our supplier) and our NEST device). So something to help us pay less tax (5% VAT on domestic gas) and boost our pension income. We only use gas at the moment to heat hot water; we'll have to see how well the upgrades cope with winter temps,
-@Cynic

We just turn the radiator knob on the boiler to zero during the summer.  We also just turn the thermostat down.

Our water is also heated by gas. Our boiler is an "on demand" boiler so it heats the water when the taps are on. It also has a 40 litre tank in it as a buffer. It means small scale water jobs like a shower can be done "on demand" and bigger stuff like a bath heats the water directly during the flow.

At the moment, it's pretty warm but there are signs of colder times coming. It's getting colder at night. I expect we'll be using the woodburner some nights by mid-October. 

I'm not in receipt of a tax free pension but wish I was.

Are we going off topic?

6tPO.gif

Are we going off topic?
6tPO.gif
-@SimCityAT

If a post includes the word pension, it's difficult to say.

If it includes both keywords (pension & tax) , I'd say it's on topic.