Business conributions for an employee

hi all.

i have a query regarding the contributions a cmpany needs to make for me. ie business taxes etc.

i am aware that my personal tax is done via my personal tax card apeh card etc.

but as for the company that employs me? is there a public registry where i can find out if that company has registered me correctly as an employee?

ie say i started on a particular date...is there a way for me myself find out when the company declared i started workingfor them? i have become suspicious about some business matters and i feel that i was not registered as working for the company for a matter of months after i joined

is there a way for me to find out with offending the employer and asking directly?

regards

kodaki

Hi Kodaki,

Good to see you back.
If you have a local contract (that seems obvious from your question) then the easiest would be to check (after a registration in an Okmányiroda in your District - take your address card as a basis) here Magyarorszag.hu/ugyfelkapu. Here's the deeplink for you: https://ugyintezes.magyarorszag.hu/szol … kerd.html. Where you have to click the button in the middle: 'Használom a szolgáltatást' (i.e. I want to use the service). Then choose one of the three 'TAJ Autorizáció' options - e.g. the first is by TAJ szám (Hungarian Social Security ID). It will give you the details that are available in their database.
If you don't want to go all the way I may enter your TAJ szám, as I am quite sure the logging doesn't imply I can't do it for you. Alternatively, any Hungarian friend of yours who has a magyarorszag.hu registration can help you with this.
Cheers,

Dez

dezpapp wrote:

Where you have to click the button in the middle: 'Használom a szolgáltatást' (i.e. I want to use the service).

Info for the web site pages where to start such an inquiry is first rate info. Very helpful.

dezpapp wrote:

If you don't want to go all the way I may enter your TAJ szám, as I am quite sure the logging doesn't imply I can't do it for you.

Quite sure you are an honest chap, but in general no one should give out any personal identification numbers of any kind to others, since such information can be used for identity theft. And there are many free online translation services to get web pages into English, and which now a days do good enough a job to make such sites mostly usable for English only speakers. Google Translate is far from perfect, will not translate everything or even do it very well, but is one option.

Absolutely, agreed. In Hungary we don't see too much of ID theft that's why this came up. Yet, I have mentioned the second best (after registering yourself) or quickest is to sit down with a Hungarian friend you trust and let them go all the way till one just have to input the TAJ number. Just like it is commonly done by grandchildren helping grandparents take out money from ATM (at least seen in Hungary).

Did you have a written agreements or contract with the company? If you do - no need to worry. If not - worry and correct it!