Questions about residence permit application

Hi, I am a non-EU citizen. I am applying for a residence permit in Norway as a skilled worker from outside Europe and my employer will submit the udi application on my behalf. I have two questions about my application.

1. For the proof of accommodation, is it okay to book a long-stay Airbnb for the first 1-3 months and explain that I will look for a more permanent residence after I arrive in Norway.? Has anyone else done this and got their permit in time?
  2. I would normally need a Schengen visa to enter Norway. So if my employer submits the application does it automatically give me visitor access to enter Norway or do I need to apply for a visitor/tourist visa to enter Norway (prior to police verification). Has anyone else gone through a similar situation?

Thanks for your help!

Hello Pia Basanti,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for starting a new thread on the Norway forum to seek answers to your questions.

While waiting for the members of this forum to provide you with the information that you need, I suggest you use this time to read the Living in Norway guide for expats.

This guide covers a wide range of topics, and there is a possibility that you may find the information you are seeking within its contents.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team