Driving license conversion in Abu Dhabi

How I converted my UK driving license in Abu Dhabi in 3 steps (My Experience)First I started the process by doing my eye test. I went to one of YATEEM optician branches with my Emirates ID. YATEEM uploaded the eye test report to the traffic system. This particular step required a payment of AED 100.Then I headed to INDEX LEGAL TRANSLATION Hamdan branch with the original driving license, UAE ID and one photograph. They did the translation and uploaded the application to the traffic system. This particular step required a payment of AED 150. The Translator there showed me how to do the final step.The Final step is to pay license issuance fees (AED 600) through TAMM application then I head to the traffic department and obtained my UAE driving license.In conclusion,  to convert UK driving license in Abu Dhabi requires a simple and efficient 3-step process. By taking an eye test at YATEEM opticians, having my license translated at Index Legal Translation, and paying the necessary fees through the TAMM application, I successfully acquired my UAE driving license at the traffic department.

Is a translation necessary? I see on the  website of ADCB that only for a limited set op countries the translation is needed.

Did they take in your UK driving license at the traffic department?