I need your help - please spread this message in Indian beaches

I came across a very serious problem in India that nobody talks about because it's of a sexual nature. Please read this message and spread it when you are in India:

(copied from my blog india-accessories.com):

When I visited Kerala beaches for the first time I made friends with many local people. I became very close friends with a few of the local guys and one of them told me (lets call him Kitchu) that one summer he was a bodyguard of one Swedish man. This man, he said, would be coming back this summer and he would again work as a bodyguard for him and accompany him on travels around India.

At first that looked okay to me. But then I found out that this man liked the guy to call him “Uncle”. Okay, that was a bit weird, but I still didn't let my mind become too suspicious.

Kitchu didn't speak much English, just basic English. So he asked if I could reply to some of the “uncle's” messages. So I logged in with Kitchu's email ID and what I found shocked me. This man was asking him to keep their friendship in secret and not to tell anyone that they would be traveling together.

He told that he enjoys looking at his pictures (I put this in the nicest way possible) and he described what he would do to him when they would be together. To sum up, it was a bunch of disgusting messages sent from a 60 year old man to an 18 year old boy.

When I explained Kitchu what those messages contained, he was shocked and even disbelieving. You see, in India usually men are really healthy in this way, so he never heard anything like this. But then he started talking that some of his friends had such “uncles” too, and after travelling together with such elderly men they started drinking and acting weird. Well now Kitchu knows why.
It's very sad that it's a big taboo to talk about such things in India, so many unsuspecting boys get caught in such traps. They just think that elderly foreigners are just being nice to them, offering big tips and buying stuff. I wish that would be so…

Indian boys don't understand that when Western men hug them, it's a very bad sign. You see, in India men hug each other without any intention, they are just being friendly. But things drastically change when an Indian man is being hugged by a Western man.

What usually happens, as I came to know later on, is that some foreign man comes as a customer to a restaurant and looks at the boys. When he finds his prey he tips him a lot. After a few days of heavy tipping he befriends the guy and one way or the other invites him to travel together or go to the foreigner's hotel. And then I think you know what happens.

Indian people have big hearts and they don't comprehend how can anyone have such sick minds. So they think that foreigners are just being friendly and generous. It's so sad to see the broken lives of those used innocent boys.

I'm glad I have saved Kitchu from a ruined life but I wonder how many other boys get into such life altering trouble.

I really hope that this message will be shared. Please, if you know any sweet looking boy working on the beach, please notify him. He might be the next target for mentally unhealthy foreign men.

If you know any restaurant in Indian beach places, please send them this message. Maybe you will save someone from a ruined life.

P.S. If you plan to send a message to some restaurant/resort/hotel about this issue, this is my suggested text. You are of course free to alter it to make it more understandable to Indians:

NOTIFICATION FOR BEACH RESORTS/RESTAURANTS/HOTELS

PLEASE TALK ABOUT THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR STAFF (PEOPLE WORKING AS
WAITERS AND OTHER WORKERS)

IF ANY FOREIGN MAN OR WOMAN LEAVES BIG TIPS FOR ANY RESTAURANT WORKER, BE VERY SUSPICIOUS.

USUALLY SUCH FOREIGN PEOPLE WILL LEAVE BIG TIPS A FEW TIMES AND THEN BEFRIEND THE WORKER.

AFTER THAT THEY MIGHT INVITE THESE WORKERS TO THEIR HOTELS OR TO
TRAVEL WITH THEM.

THEY INVITE WORKERS TO THESE PLACES TO USE THEM IN A SEXUAL WAY.

THIS IS LIKELY TO SPREAD AIDS DISEASE AND LEAVE A YOUNG WORKER
MENTALLY UNBALANCED UNABLE TO HAVE A HEALTHY LIFE AND FAMILY.

PLEASE WARN ANYONE WHO WORKS ON BEACHES ABOUT THIS – NOT ONLY THOSE WHO WORK IN RESTAURANTS.

SIMPLY SHOW THEM THIS MESSAGE. MAYBE YOU WILL SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE FROM BEING RUINED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Some readers and forum users also notified that it's a big problem not only in Goa, but in Kerala too. Please do your bit to help those unsuspecting young Indian boys. Thank you.

Dear Simona ,

Thanks for this candid post on a sensitive matter about my country .Coming from a stranger ( that is a non Indian ) it really indicates that you like  my country and it's people .May you find happiness and blessed life while you are a guest in India

regards

Dr Subodh

Thanks simona for bringing this to our notice.

By the way did you get your all accessories which you wanted to buy?

Tushar

Thanks a lot Simona.

I am sure that this initiative will leave a great impact, and will be a slap on those sick minded faces. It is not only a foreign man or men problems, but even a few old Indians are also like that. The thing is that we need to be strong enough and mature to face such problems. In person I've seen also such stupid people and those were not foreigners, but Indians.

As a conclusion, in fact such sickness is not more in Indian minds and we Indians say that our guests are like "gods" (ATITI DEVA BHAVA) is our slogan. It can be translated that guests are like gods.
I do not believe so, because no body can be for me as a god, there is only one God.

As for as spreading this to the various hotels and restaurants is concerned, I think it can be done easily: one can search the name of hotels and he/she will find an option like; contact us. There I think this message can be forwarded. But the best idea is to spread this message individually.

I hope a number of our friends will take part in order to resolve and vanish this sickness.  But what they will say who favor "homo sex"  This is a big question for them.

subodh wrote:

Dear Simona ,

Thanks for this candid post on a sensitive matter about my country .Coming from a stranger ( that is a non Indian ) it really indicates that you like  my country and it's people .May you find happiness and blessed life while you are a guest in India

regards

Dr Subodh

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Tushar Wadhwa wrote:

Thanks simona for bringing this to our notice.

By the way did you get your all accessories which you wanted to buy?

Tushar

You are welcome, Tushar. Well I'm buying accessories as I go really, there are no particular accessories I need to get:)

starkhan wrote:

Thanks a lot Simona.

I am sure that this initiative will leave a great impact, and will be a slap on those sick minded faces. It is not only a foreign man or men problems, but even a few old Indians are also like that. The thing is that we need to be strong enough and mature to face such problems. In person I've seen also such stupid people and those were not foreigners, but Indians.

As a conclusion, in fact such sickness is not more in Indian minds and we Indians say that our guests are like "gods" (ATITI DEVA BHAVA) is our slogan. It can be translated that guests are like gods.
I do not believe so, because no body can be for me as a god, there is only one God.

As for as spreading this to the various hotels and restaurants is concerned, I think it can be done easily: one can search the name of hotels and he/she will find an option like; contact us. There I think this message can be forwarded. But the best idea is to spread this message individually.

I hope a number of our friends will take part in order to resolve and vanish this sickness.  But what they will say who favor "homo sex"  This is a big question for them.

Thank you very much for you detailed comment. As for homo sex, this is not the issue I'm trying to address, I'm talking more about older men using unsuspecting Indian boys. Thanks very much for your suggestions about how to spread the message, I used this method in some Keralan hotels/restaurants.

Thanks a lot for answering all of us one by one. I am sorry for that issue. I am unaware of it and I do not like it at all. Sorry.