Shipping a Car from Oman to India

I would like to ship my car from Oman to India. What is the procedure and how much it will cost ?

Hello Lalluzz

Kindly note that your thread has been moved to the India Forum so as to help you get better response to your query.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Lalluzz wrote:

I would like to ship my car from Oman to India. What is the procedure and how much it will cost ?

Hello Matthew,

Welcome to Expat.Com

Do you have the same question as the OP ?
Could you please provide some details about your search ?

Regards,
Bhavna

I didn't get exact reply.From my search some site is telling. if you leaving this country after 2 years then you can export one car tax is coming around 40%

DEAR,
                I HAVE MY OWN CAR.LAST 4 YEARS I AM WORKING IN MUSCAT.I AM PLANNING TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY.THAT'S WHY I AM ASKING WE CAN EXPORT THE CAR TO INDIA

There is something called- "transfer of residence" as per prevailing customs rules in India.

You get that catagory if you have been residing outside India working continuously at least for 2 years.

If you qualify, then you are allowed to impirt one car with your transfer of residence. 

Of course after paying customs duty on the depreciated value of your car.

Depreciation is 10% per six months of Indian financial year which ends on 31st march.

So if your vhiecle is 2 years old you get to pay duty on the 4 times 10% depreciated value of original invoice.  Similarily if its 3 years old, then 7 times depreciated. 

I fo not know current rates charged for Transfer of residence when a native comes back home.  But uou know the terminology now and can search the internet.

As for shipping it, you have to contact freight forwarders in yoyr host country as you will not get ANY information on the India thread.

Once yoyr car reaches Indian port, contact a CnF agent of that port to help uou with formalities.. They charge reasonable sims and save you a hell of a lot of trouble.

Hope it helps.

Best !

Which are the cargo providers from Oman to india for transporting car ?

Hey looks like you need help of a professional. I am dwayne an I reside in Mumbai. After I shifted there I got hold of a good vehicle relocation company from a list of top packers and movers in Mumbai (assureshift.in/packers-and-movers-navi-mumbai). They took care of customs and everything. Or you can even do it yourself if you have the time to spare that is.

I would like to ship my car from Oman to India. What is the procedure and how much it will cost?

I suggest you go online to find the information. Plenty of shipping companies who can move cars. The companies should take care of the paperwork. The cost will shock you.