Dominicus/Bayahive

inquiring minds want to know!... :)

Hello All,

Newbie here. currently residing in Los Angeles, CA but have traveled several times to D.R. The last couple of time that being the southeast side of the Island (Bayahive-Dominicus) i am interested in reaching out to all expats living in the area.

I'd like to hear what you have to say about the area, people and any other pros/cons with this area.

So far from what I gather is a nice beach area with a possibility of a big boom in the future. I love the beaches. we have stayed in the high end resorts as well as the mom&pop inn.

I'd love to hear from all of you and tell me what you think. I am currently considering making an inventments on a developing project in Dominicus.

regards,

Walter

Welcome to the forums Walter!

I have been to the area a few times and it's quite nice.

I have heard nothing in terms of a big boom specific to that area. 

Generally tourism is growing and it's expected to continue!  Other areas are expected to boom, including the southwest of the country.

Thank you dear planner. And great job keeping everyone in line. lol 😂

looking forward to anybody else who ‘d like to chime in on Dominicus town. Anybody?

@walter1107b you might want to consider planners words more of providing guidance not keeping us in line ha ha ha. I hope to meet her one of these days.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments.

Hi Walter, we've been visiting Dominicus and Bayahibe many times for vacations.

The beaches are quite nice however the best spots are all in-front of the all-inclusive resorts :-).

The public beach in Dominicus is great but can be busy during the weekends. I found the public beach in Bayahibe (next to the Hilton) underwhelming, since there is nothing to see (for snorkelling); when in Bayahibe I recommend to check-out the Playa Magallanes, which is awesome -- but be careful with sharp rocks.

I did hear some some buzz when we were there last November about plans to relocate the area with all the boats for the excursions to a new to-be-build marina -- which could indeed give a nice boost for the local economy. Unfortunately I have not been successful confirming this by finding (official) documents on this marina development plan.

Hello Franco,

thank you for your input. It is nice to hear back from somebody.

for me, the area and the vibe feels right. We will be down there for vacaciones again this October and will check the area out more carefully and in detail.

thanks and be well,

walter