I am a South African female looking to relocate to Feldkirch Austria.

I recently made a trip for a few weeks to Vorarlberg, Feldkirch December 2022 - January 2023. I immediately fell in love with the place and am highly considering relocating to the area. I would just like some advice from locals or any South Africans that have been able to relocate to the area about obtaining a visa, the documents I would need, the opportunity of finding accommodation and work as an expat?

For background I currently live and work as an Architect/Architectural Technologist in Cape Town South Africa and would like some pointers to possible firms that might be open to hiring, allowing me to take steps into obtaining a work visa and actually making the move?

If anyone could provide any information or steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Welcome

You would need to speak German. For visas, you need to contact the Embassy.

More information can be found here  https://www.workinaustria.com

@SimCityAT thanks for the heads-up. I have some friends out there and they mentioned that there are skilled workers who do not speak German and have been living and working in Austria that being said it obviously works in your favor to speak German.

Any other pointers specifically you would suggest to someone from a third world country looking to relocate to the area?

Hey Tracy Lee,I moved to Austria 10 years ago.Have a look at this: https://www.migration.gv.at/en/types-of … gration/In general, you would need an employment offer - quite easy to get if you find an employer willing to take you on.Biggest problem is usually the job interview. Poople still like to speak in person - zoom and co. are not usually trusted.Other than that - unless you want to work in a service environment like gastronomy or sales, very few will care for German skills.Please note also, that no sane and decent foreigner (or even Austrian) really want to work in Vorarlberg - most people from Vorarlberg go to work in Switzerland or Liechtenstein anyways ;)V.