Family immigration visa

I was granted a skilled worker visa in Norway. I want to go to Norway with my husband and daughter. We don't have much time to wait for a family immigrant visa. We only have time until February. Can my family apply for a tourist visa and then in Norway apply for a family visa?

Hi @Gulzhan BG

Yes you can do that. Same what I did. I just apply tourist visa then when I'm here in norway I apply for the family visa. But still waiting for the approval but the good thing they can stay while waiting for the process but the bad thing is your husband can't apply for work.

While on tourist visa

@karen anonuevo Thank you very much  for response

@karen anonuevo Hi, I also have Schengen visa and i applied the first week of January. But I am wondering about the right to access to medical treatment in Norway in case of accidents and sickness while waiting for an answer after the visa Schengen and the insurance is out of date. Did you order another insurance then or did you had access to free medication in Norway? Thank you in advance for answering :)

@Vanilla_mada hi. I thinks thats the bad side of staying while waiting for the visa to be processed because we don't have access in medical care. But I read also in the UDI OR in other website that if something happens we also have an assistance from them.

@karen anonuevo Thank you for your answer :)  i really hope to get a fast answer from UDI. The problem is that UDI said we should contact Helsenorge for more details and once we called Helsenorge said that they don't know and that maybe NAV knows...i am so tired of always getting those answers from them 😅

How long did it take before u had interview with the police in Oslo (if u applied in 2021/2022). Anyone who didn't had any interview with the police in Oslo even if they are from Asia?