New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Egypt forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Egypt if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello to all, my name is Fernando, 49 years old, married, two children....I'm transferred from my country Colombia to Cairo, for now I'm waiting on all paperwork for permit to work and work visa has been completed, I would like to meet people who speak Spanish preferably or English to make a nice friendship, thanks.

Hello FernandoAngarita,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg1f601.svg

Thank you for the intro!

You should post an advert in the Cairo classifieds section.

There is a category for friendship.

You can mention in the description that you would like to meet people who speak Spanish or English.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Greetings,

I am planning to move to Egypt this year with my husband.  We will start off in Cairo but, ultimately desire to live near the sea. We lived in Cairo before. My husband for 10 years and me a couple.  America is my birthplace. Looking forward to connecting. My interest is in writing, travel, dancing, and good conversations.

Hello Bluelace217*,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your introduction.

Feel free to engage with other users on the Egypt forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello everyone

My name is Paul, im 40 from Ireland.

At present I would not be thinking of moving to Egypt but in future if were possible, absolutely.

I am planning to visit Egypt within the next three to four months.

My interest would be to learn the Egyptian dialect, I have been studying Fusha for many years along with Egyptian Archaeology and the various stages of language that was used in the past, self study.

I am interested in full immersion into local culture and would very much like to make a positive impact in Egypt, thinking along the lines of voluntary aid worker. I would love to chat to local Egyptians here or expats that have lived and worked in Egypt. 

greetings from the island of Ireland.

@Julien Thank you!  My Muslim name is Aya, and I am happy to have found this site.  I was tutoring my lady friends and their daughters in Arabic and working online with my law firm in New York City until my job wanted me back in New York, but I knew that was not the way for me so stayed here.

If anyone has time to answer one burning question I just had, it would be greatly appreciated.  Has any other expat experienced any problems (or hateful attitudes as well) at the passport office, where after one year, the tourist visa was not ready ("had not yet arrived") after two weeks, then not after three weeks, and finally after a month, it "arrived," but not before I went to almost every window asking why suddenly it was taking at least a month this time?

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to come and stay from Estonia

Hi Everyone!

I am originally from Cairo, Egypt, currently live and work in USA.

All the best!

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Julien

Hello fellow expats!

Coming to Egypt was literally an ADVENTURE! Manhattan, new years eve 2022, I spent hours and hours looking for a one-way ticket from JFK to somewhere in the world where to start 2023 as I felt my life in NYC came to an end. Mind you, I was not financially prepared for such move but I found one way ticket for 470 euros to Cairo, just the precise amount, I crossed my fingers for the credit card transaction to go through and... in less than 8 hours I was boarding a plane in JFK, 12 hours later I was in Cairo.

About a month a half later and without external help and day to day challenges, there's a lot of share with the community! Also, but more importantly, I'm coming to this site in order to meet other expats that speak English (o aquellos que hablan Español). I'd like to practice my Italian and French, I can teach Español and English in exchange. I'm an entrepreneur with passion for living fully (read social life BOOM, BOOM, SHAKA, LAKA, BOOM!) that enjoy discussing very varied topics: business, history, fashion, cuisine, music, wellness, self-improvement, spirituality and mysticism... I read cards 1f60f.svg1f609.svg

@Julien I am a new member, no experience yet.

Hello info8248,

Welcome to expat.com!

@Julien I am a new member, no experience yet.

Perhaps you can start by introducing yourself1f609.svg

Do tell us a bit more about yourself.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

I am Mohamed Ahmed Hussein keen to provide value to the team that I will work with. I focus on quality while continuing to gain experience. Enthusiastic for public service and community participation, formulate what is new in my specialty, currently holding a bachelor's degree, Bachelor of Agricultural Science, Department of General Botany, Division of Plant Diseases, overall appreciation very good.

Hello furniturewinches,

If you are looking for a job, I advise you to add your CV in the Jobs in Egypt section.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi All new to this in Egypt Cairo so would like to meet up and get more info about all the experience

big changes for me so please would be happy to get all ur thoughts and ideas 🙏🙏

Hi, I am a Dutch lady (from the Netherlands haha)and I will retire end of next year. My main passion is diving in nice warm waters. Now I am looking across the globe and thinking what the best place could be for me. I speak English but not at all Arabic.

I am wondering if I could live comfortably for example in Sharm el Sheik as a non-Egyptian and non Arabic-speaking solo woman? Also my pension will not be very much. Or would I be looked at as a "walking money machine" and as long as I only speak English, that I will stay a tourist despite settling down in Egypt? I am certainly not want to live in a big city like Cairo or Alexandria.

All suggestions are welcome.

@Bluelace217* You are most welcome

Hi All new to this in Egypt Cairo so would like to meet up and get more info about all the experience
big changes for me so please would be happy to get all ur thoughts and ideas 🙏🙏
-@Hardwork Adam

Hi dear

How can I help you

@Julien

tanks you revived  my up dated resume

if you have any issues  you well come

Hi and Salam,

I´m Hafssa and I recently moved to Cairo, I'd like to meet up with German or English speaking ladies living in Cairo to built a network and do activities together.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Hello H_E_K,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the introduction.

Since you are looking for new friends, I suggest you post an advert in the Cairo classifieds section.

There is a dedicated category for friendship.

Do not forget to mention that you are looking for German or English-speaking ladies. This will be easier to get in touch with people with the same interest.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien  Thank you for the warm welcome.

Subject: RE: Introduction to Egypt

My name is Sahra and I am a paediatric nurse who is planning to move to Egypt with four of my children. We are all excited about the new challenges and experiences that await us in this beautiful country.

As a healthcare professional, I am looking forward to contributing my skills to the medical field in Egypt. I am also eager to meet locals and fellow expats, and for our family to immerse ourselves in the Egyptian culture. We are particularly thrilled to explore the country's rich history and stunning architecture.

Aside from my career, I enjoy being active and playing different sports in my free time. I believe that staying fit and healthy is essential to maintaining a balanced lifestyle.

Thank you

@Bluelace217* hi, I would be very happy to answer your questions on anything related to real estate, the residency process, the best places to live, and much more to have the best life in Egypt.

best wishes to you with this exciting adventure

maximos

@oshudofsky Yes,  Dahab, Soma Bay, and sahl hasheesh are the best places to accomplish all that you are looking for on a decent budget.  All these spots are ranked really high in terms of diving spots and destinations across the globe.  Of course, there are so much more details about this.

let me know if I can be of any help

maximos

@amh8000 hi, let me know if you still need help and I can answer all your questions in this regard

@byrnepaul hi Paul,

would love to chat with you, and share my experience. I would love to also know what interested you to want to make that move. I can also help connect you to where you can have the biggest impact there. Nice to meet you virtually

maximos

Hello Maximos,

Welcome on board !

Please note that professionals are required to register their businesses in the Egypt business directory and can not use the forum to promote their services.

You may also contact our marketing department for more practical solutions to reach out to members : https://www.expat.com/en/advertisement.html

All the best

Bhavna

I'm Amora,

i just moved here from USA. Looking to meet other English speaking expats or bilingual English/Arabic natives. My first international flight was a relocation. I'm Airbnb in Alexandria until Saturday then going to Cairo. I'm interested in all resources. No children, divorced, I work in healthcare.

Hey Amoras23,

welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

To start I suggest that you read the Living in Egypt guide for expats.

There is also the Egypt classifieds section where you can add an advert about looking for friends as there is a dedicated category for friendship.

Keep us updated on your movements.

Cheers to a new adventure!

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Amoras23

Welcome to Egypt, where in US you come come from? I arrived in January from NYC. How cool to have the experience to live by the sea (you mentioned you're living in Alexandria), I've been in Cairo and glad to assist in any way I can (except lodging since I don't know Arabic and unfortunately there's two price tiers, one for locals and another for foreigners), feel free to DM.

@oshudofsky

I would consider Dahab as 1st option because it's mostly expats, you won't have the need to learn Arabic although learning numbers is always useful so you know how much things cost. I've been living in Cairo since January, there's pros and cons of being a foreigner here not knowing Egyptian, you will always find one person that knows English or your translation app help you get your point across. I feel in the same way regarding living in the country but not having to learn the language, at least for us who are not considering staying here long term. Feel free to DM.

@Elizabeth9090 Welcome in Cairo is a very interesting city

Regards

Mahmoud

@Julien Hi ☺️ I'm planning to move to hurghada next month

Hello Indianna Adams,

Welcome on board !

Should you have any questions, feel free to ask. Here's the link to the Hurghada forum

Regards

Bhavna

@Elizabeth9090 hello Elizabeth and thank you Julian for the intro

I would like to welcome you as Egyptian lives in Hurghada and also at aviation and tourism business.. and I hope to find Egypt and Hurghada comfortable place and enjoy your time

@Aya26  yes Aya I had the same experience , very difficult indeed and I know someone who is still waiting more than a year.

Regards

@Guest8753

hello fernando

my husband is half Colombian - we also have two children. Maybe would be nice for you both to say hello :)

Hello Jeesadek,

Welcome on board !

Please note that all usernames starting with Guest are no longer on the website.

Glad to have you ! How can we help you ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien hey everyone, i'm Sabrina from Morocco, i'll be joining my husband in sharm el sheikh in 2 weeks, he works in the tourism industry.

i would love to meet new people in beautiful sharm, we can organize get togethers… dinners…

i love partying… get the party startedddddd … let me know guys if anyone is interested in meeting and mingling around a nice drink 🥳🥳🥳🥳

@oshudofsky hellooooo!!! I'll be moving to sharm el sheikh in 2 weeks … joining my husband who works there … let's meet 😎

Closed