New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Thank you for the intro!

To get started, I recommend reading the Living in Mauritius guide for expats, which covers various subjects including accommodation, healthcare, visas, and more.

For those seeking employment opportunities, I suggest creating your CV in the dedicated section for job offers in Mauritius.

Furthermore, if you wish to discuss a specific topic or have questions, please don't hesitate to initiate a new discussion on the Mauritius forum.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Off-topic. This thread is dedicated to introductions only.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Lou Lou5671

Hello Lou Lou ,

I thought that I'd say hi . I can't really advise as I live in the UK normally but please do your research as there seems to be quite a lot of red tape over here.

I wish you the best of luck 🙂

you can buy a property to obtain a resident permit

@Pilu68

Hello yes indeed !

Are you replying to Lou lou5671 ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hi all,

My name is Nolan,

Can't say I'm an expat anymore, I have been in Mauritius for 30 years now and I am considered to be Mauritian.

I currently live in Rosehill.

I am new on the forum and just posted some info for repairs that I can help with.

I am retired now but I do this in my spare time ..... which is all the time now.

So if anyone needs help with repairs etc.  let me know.

Hi we are Paula and Phil from England and we took early retirement 4 years ago.

We are coming to beautiful Mauritius in April for 3 months and are very much looking forward to

exploring the island, enjoying the food and the glorious beaches.

Hello Paula and Phil,

A warm welcome 🙂

I'm sure that you'll both have an amazing time in Mauritius. Which part of England are you both from? I live in Cambridge but was brought up in London.

Best wishes

Vida

We're from Shropshire with its beautiful countryside. Do you live in Mauritius?

Paula x

@milpolly

Oh how lovely Shropshire is beautiful with its countryside and farms. No I don't live in Mauritius but I travel here from time to time as my father has a house here so I come to see family.

Hello, I am about a month old in Mauritius and will stay at least for a year.

An entrepreneur in stealth mode, I have business interests in America and EU. Lived in many parts of the world. Hope to find a community of like minded people here, even though I am an introvert and selectively social. I love learning about new cultures, exploring and discoveries. Woman, solo, 40s.

Mauritius is awesome, I have to say!

@Vin97

Hello welcome, so you're having a great time in Mauritius? How are you today my name is Vida and I'm usually based in England but been in Mauritius for a month now...

@savanvida Hi Vida, I am Vinodini. Yes so far so good. I have not gotten around much due to the lack of a vehicle. Have to find a way though. I will be based in Flic en Flac, hopefully it will be easy to move around for basic things there.

I am still not familiar with this site, looking around to see how it works.

Where in the UK are you from? I lived in London and Bristol a decade ago.

Hello Vinodoni,

Yes , there's apparently a lot to explore on the island. I'm a similar situation. I'm located in the North so I tend to stick to this area as it seems like too much hassle to go too far. It would be fantastic if there was a train service throughout the island, which I hope one day they will have.

You can meet some nice people on this site and learn about events plus important information such as legal, consumer issues etc.

I was brought up in London but I'm currently based in Cambridge now. My family are from Mauritius originally so this is why I visit. Where did you grow up?

Best wishes

Vida

@Julien

Hi. I am Deeptesh Narandas from South Africa. I am 48 years old. I moved to Mauritius with my wife and 2 daughter in April 2023. I have a self-employed occupation permit. I am a consulting electrical engineer with a business in South Africa and have been working out of Mauritius with my office still active in SA. My intention is to travel to SA from time to time, mainly for work.

We lived in Tou Aux Biches when we arrived, and have now moved to Mon Choisy. Our daughters are 13 and 16 years old and are both enrolled at Lighthouse.

We are open to making new contacts in Mauritius, and seeking possible business opportunities as well. We have so far been very happy with our decision to move to Mauritius and want to make it a success.

Hi

I am Daniel Andrew from south Africa looking for new opportunities in  Mauritius.

I am an experienced artisan bricklayer with almost 20 years experience

Regards

Hi im Nadine Moodley from S.A. i too reside now in Mon Choisy. Nice to meet your acquaintance. Im a chef on an OP.

@suzylee0504

Hello and welcome,

Please follow this link to create your free advert : https://www.expat.com/en/housing/africa … s/add.html

Regards

Bhavna

@60years

Hello and welcome on board !

Hope you are enjoying the island so far.

Feel free to interact with members of the Mauritius forum by participating on existing threads.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi Good people,

My name is Sajad Nurani from Kenya.

Moving to Mauritius in Jan 2024, for work. Looking for accommodation in Port Louis area. A 1 bedroom or Studio apartment would be perfect for me.  Please do let me know if anyone has something for a long term rental agreement.  Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Thanks

@60years

Hello Nadine,

Welcome to Mauritius. Message me if you want to meet up and have a drink and know more about the country.

@Vin97

hello Vin,

Great to have you here. Would love to meet up for a drink!

@Sherlock23

hello and welcome on board !

Please refer to the Housing in Mauritius section by posting an advert. You will receive offers.

You may also contact real estate agencies to find out what they have to offer.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna Thanks a million and thank you for the welcome. Have a beautiful day :)

@Julien

Hie my name is Crispen im from Zimbabwe. I will be going to study in Mauritius Moka at Curtin University. Im looking for accommodation near my university

Kindly assist.

Hello crispenmufambisi,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Have you checked in the Housing in Mauritius section yet?

You may find something interesting there.

If not, feel free to post an advert in the mentioned section and we will share it in our weekly newsletter which can be very helpful.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello All,

My name is Leighann and I'm 32. I have recently moved to the island from Scotland with my company. Fair to say it's a few degrees warmer here 1f601.svgI am really enjoying it so far but would love to meet people my age to hang out with. I enjoy lots of things such as walking, gym, waterfalls, road cycling, partying and drinking (of course :D), live music and generally exploring the outdoors. I am living in the west of the island. Please feel free to connect if you think we could be friends 1f60d.svg

@leighannurquhart

Feel free to join in our next Expat.com event : https://www.expat.com/en/events/africa/ … -baie.html

There's lots of places of interest to discover in the West. Hope you'll enjoy going on adventure and exploring them.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello Everyone on Expat.com

I am from India and resident of Mauritius since 2017 as an investor in the pharma sector. Life in Mauritius is good and I want to live maximum possible in this beautiful island country. I retired in 2017 from banking sector after working 38 years. Before retirement I was director general of different banks for 10years in East African countries like Tanzania, Comores and Djibouti. I speak English, French , Hindi and Urdu. Besides medical  I also do import/ export of general merchandise. My office/ store is in Lavenir and I live in sodnac. Like minded persons can reach me through my email: ***  Best Regards Ahsan Mohammed

Moderated by Bhavna 5 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@ethimedpharma

Thank you for your introduction !

Feel free to interact with members of the Mauritius forum.

You are also most welcome to join in our next Expat.com event to meet members and the team : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1051078

Just a gentle reminder : contact details should be shared in private by clicking on the member's username.

All the best

Bhavna

@deepteshn

Hello Deeptesh

Nice to learn about you !!

I am in pharma wholesale business.

Staying / living in sodnac with family.

With regards

Ahsan Mohammed

Hello Everyone! 1f601.svg

I am very excited to move to Mauritius, I will be arriving 28 December. I am a high school teacher and will be teaching in the Northern region. I am keen to make new friends around sports, boardgames and the outdoors!

1f600.svg

Hello Leighann,

My name is Vivek and I'm 28. I live in the south of the island. I like doing too sports such as walking, gym, waterfalls, road cycling, partying and drinking, music, hiking etc....I am not your age but would love to meet people your age to hang out with.

Hi all,

I'm Nathan. I'm Australian.

I've been working as a police instructor in Qatar for the past 12 years. But its time to move somewhere with a better climate and scenery and Mauritius looks amazing!

So I've taken a job with an asset protection company and I'll be moving to Mauritius on a premium visa in January.

I can't wait 🙂

@AussieNate

Welcome on board Nathan !

Congrats on your job offer !

If you have any questions, feel free to participate on the Mauritius forum to seek advice from members.

All the very best

Bhavna

@AussieNate

Hallo Nathan, i m italian, i read your post and i was wondering if you would be willing to share some info with me. I m currently looking for a job in mauritius in a similar Sector...

Would you like to connect and have an Exchange?

Thank you

Rosa

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055646

Thanks!

Closed