Pension advice

Hi ,

I wondering if anyone can provide me with any  advice regarding finding a legitimate FCA qualified pension advisor as an expat living in Indonesia , my pension sits within the UK and I'm finding it difficult to find someone who will provide advice once I leave the UK.

Thanks in advance

James

Hello jameswood222,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for starting this new thread.

Hopefully, someone can give you some insights.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi ,
I wondering if anyone can provide me with any advice regarding finding a legitimate FCA qualified pension advisor as an expat living in Indonesia , my pension sits within the UK and I'm finding it difficult to find someone who will provide advice once I leave the UK.

Thanks in advance

James
-@jameswood222

Perhaps contact your Embassy.

Why not transfer it from your bank account to the Indonesian one?

Hi James. Maybe you could give more details about the issues you are having and perhaps other expats that are from the UK and living here might be able to help you rather than going through an FCA qualified pension advisor. For example, is this a private or state pension? Are you already receiving the pension or not yet 66 years of age? I recently sorted out my own private and state pensions in the UK but found it really difficult and confusing to make progress with my state pension while in Indonesia, but managed to sort it out very quickly on my recent holiday back in the UK.

There are two ways to claim your UK state pension when living overseas. The first is to fill our the PC BR1 claim form and mail it back to the International Pension Centre in Wolverhampton. The second way is to call the International Pension Centre at +44 191 2187777 and to do everything over the phone. You can have your pension deposited in your bank account every 4 or 13 weeks, either in a UK bank or an overseas bank.

If you want to receive your pension into a UK bank account you can then transfer it from your UK bank to an Indonesian bank via Wise which is super fast (takes seconds to reach Indonesia) and has good exchange rates and low commissions. Alternatively, if you have an HSBC account in the UK, upgrade it to a Premier Account, open a GBP Premier account in Indonesia and you can do Global transfers of GBP to GBP to Indonesia without any transfer fees at all.

If you are still in the UK now, my advice is to get everything sorted out before you leave as once you are living overseas things become much more difficult to arrange.