Thanksgiving Day in DR

I Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Do any expats celebrate Thanksgiving in DR?

Hope you are all safe! I already made my Arroz con Guandules con coco, ensalada Rusa, and coquito!

Enjoy!

Good morning to all

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Of course, it is a must!

we have our turkey, stuffing, pies, pash potate, green bean casserole, cranberry, etc but must of all, thanks to god for another day and thanks for another holiday with family and friends.

god bless you all

be safe my brothers and sisters

Happy Thanksgiving to  all those who celebrate!   For me its just another day.

We celebrated yesterday with some American, and Canadian, friends. Had the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, etc. Even watched some American football in the evening. I think it is good to cling to some of our "back home" traditions and celebrations.

Sounds great.  I agree, there are some traditions I also hold onto while integrating some new ones here!

yes football lol awesome game

@Oscarsahony Sanchez

Hello Oscar and Honey

We celebrated our Thanksgiving in Canada in October and give thanks for our many blessings every day. 

I hope to meet you one day and perhaps share a Thanksgiving with you too.

Personally, I never saw a Turkey in DR, where did you get it?

@RockyM

Hope to meet you guys some day too.  Where did you get your Turkey???

@RockyM
Hope to meet you guys some day too. Where did you get your Turkey???
-@Karin1

Got a 6 LB turkey breast at Pola. Could have swore I've seen whole turkeys at Pola in the past.

Turkeys are widely available here. Almost all major grocery stores carry them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who have this tradition-  in my household it was chicken this year- couldn't find Turkey or even Turkey breast at super Pola  (Terrenas).  And this year accompanied by the World Cup games!!!   Go USA , go England!! ( my partner is English so I must maintain the peace LOL). 

I found a full turkey at Sirena in Las Terrenas for $80.00 US.

Turkeys are plentiful now! They are everywhere but not cheap that is for sure.

@emetz55

That's not too bad considering location (DR ) average price in the states is $50 - $60  avg…