Rent a flat or a house in Hong Kong

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Hong Kong. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Hong Kong.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Hong Kong?

How to find a home in Hong Kong: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Finding a flat in Hong Kong or Kowloon is not difficult at all. There are many realtor offices through out both locations. I myself live in Kowloon in a non expat area and the prices are very close to that on Hong Kong Island. My apartment is about 500 sq ft with 2 bed rooms and i am paying HK 9,000 per month. Friends found smaller apartments with one bed room for 8,500. Both places will offer nothing but the basics, no swimming pool, club house nor sport facilities. The better apartments will be located in ideal areas near the public transportation, parks, play grounds and shopping malls. These will range in sizes between 500 and 900 square feet and will cost HK 12,000 and up. JW