Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Are X-Rays mandatory for getting work? Can I use Ultrasound instead?

Hello,

I'm a Kuwaiti citizen. I recently got accepted for a government job as a translator in the ministry of education here in Kuwait. They want me to work after I get medical health checks. I'm still not sure what the checks will be but I assume that a chest X ray will be involved.

I would like to avoid any X-rays if possible. I'm very strict about my health and I would like to avoid any radiation from X-rays since they accumulate and increase the risk of cancer. I had plenty of chest X-rays over my lifespan so I really don't want to have any more. Is it possible to get a chest Ultrasound instead of a Chest X-ray?

I'm happy to pay the extra costs of that if necessary. I just really don't want more Xrays...
See also
They only accept xray. Unless your provide a medical report that xray is harmful to your current health condition.
1 member reacted to this post
Who do I give the medical report to?

Choose the best health insurance

Protect your health and get easy access to treatment for expats in Kuwait.

AXA Global Healthcare: providing international health insurance for over 60 years. Working with over 2 million network providers in 190+ countries. Benefit from emergency cover, virtual healthcare services and options to tailor your plan.

Get a free quote

Exclusive discounts and additional benefits on Regency for Expats Health Insurance. Get a free quote now and save up to 40% on the best health insurance for Expats.

Get a free quote

Specialists in international health insurance for 40 years, offering health cover adapted to your needs as an expatriate, whether for a temporary stay or a long-term expatriation.

You give it to the health department in immigration department.

Further reading