Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Exchanging Pesos to Dollars

I asked my stepson to exchange some of my Pesos to USD at BDO.


The bank told them they don't have USD, they seldom do.


I only wanted $50 in small bills in preparation to my US trip.


Any ideas?

See also
...I only wanted $50 in small bills in preparation to my US trip.Any ideas? - @Enzyte Bob

There is one way, but not sure if you'd like it. Then again,...?

@Enzyte Bob

No problem at the airport.

@Andy_1963

Thanks Andy, That's good to know.


I'm not really concerned about the exchange rate or fees.


I have three accounts at BDO: Dollar and two Pesos accounts. I'm trying to adjust my spending to run the accounts to zero.


My housekeeper is going to live with her sister,  I'll give her three months of severance pay P25,000.


Our former housekeeper who once a month gives me my haircut & trims my toe nails, I'll give her P5,000.


My Nephew & Sister-in-Law who spent a lot of time trying to help me find a condo P5,000 each.


The balance I'll give my good Stepson who has done so much for me, the balance of my accounts.

@Enzyte Bob

Don't tell the immigration that you are leaving the Philippines for good. In case you tell them they might not let you pass with the 13a visa. Such a visa has to be downgraded to a tourist visa before you leave for good.

@Enzyte Bob

Money changer ?

Andy_1963 said . . .  Don't tell the immigration that you are leaving the Philippines for good. In case you tell them they might not let you pass with the 13a visa. Such a visa has to be downgraded to a tourist visa before you leave for good.

**************************

That's helpful . . . . Thank you

@Enzyte Bob

Work on a 'need to know' basis. Like women.


Safe flight.

Further reading