Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

malaria

What is the cost of treatment for malaria for a citizen of accra ghana? It is important to get the answer please. normal treatment is seeing a doctor or should someone go to the hospital?
See also
Treatment is cheap and easy. Can be bought at any pharmacy for 7 Ghana cedis (or less) (about US$3.50)

No doctor or hospital visit required.

I just did this myself this week.

Choose the best health insurance

Protect your health and get easy access to treatment for expats in Ghana.

AXA Global Healthcare: providing international health insurance for over 60 years. Working with over 2 million network providers in 190+ countries. Benefit from emergency cover, virtual healthcare services and options to tailor your plan.

Get a free quote

Exclusive discounts and additional benefits on Regency for Expats Health Insurance. Get a free quote now and save up to 40% on the best health insurance for Expats.

Get a free quote

Specialists in international health insurance for 40 years, offering health cover adapted to your needs as an expatriate, whether for a temporary stay or a long-term expatriation.

There are certain degrees of treatment.

We may have:

1.  prevention
2.  Mild infection
3.  Serious infection
4.  Air cargo.

I have been thru' all the above except air cargo; touch wood; and treatments and prevention are relatively economical and the only serious infection that I had was attended by a voluntary organization.

If one has to seek clinical assistance, it may involve drips, medications and observation and I believe this may not be so economical if it is attended by private clinic but may be bearable if attended by government clinics and hospital.

All the same, I do not have the current figures on cost as my cases went far back in time and hope others can contribute.